SSBSS 2019 : 6th International Synthetic & Systems Biology Summer School
Call For Papers
6th International Synthetic & Systems Biology Summer School - SSBSS 2019
July 22-26, 2019 - Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, Tuscany, Italy - Italy
* Please help us distributing in your circles (emails, blogs, and social networks) the call for participation and call for oral talks/posters for SSBSS 2019. Together we will make SSBSS 2019 a great event! *
The Synthetic and Systems Biology Summer School (SSBSS) is a full-immersion five-day residential summer school at the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, on cutting-edge advances in systems and synthetic biology with lectures delivered by world-renowned experts. The school provides a stimulating environment for students (from Master students to PhD students), Post-Docs, early career researches, academics and industry leaders. Participants will also have the chance to present their results (with Oral Talks and Posters), and to interact with their peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
Application: April 30
Oral Presentation/Poster Submission: April 30
Notification of Decision for Oral/Poster Presentation: May 15
SPEAKERS & TOPICS:
* ADAM ARKIN, University of California, Berkeley, USA
* ANDREA CALIFANO, Columbia University, USA
* JASON CHIN, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge, UK
* VIRGINIA CORNISH, Columbia University, USA
Lecture 1: "Expanding the Synthetic Capabilities of Yeast"
Lecture 2: "Molecular Innovations for Live Cell Imaging"
* JOHN GLASS, J. Craig Venter Institute, USA
Lecture 1: "Design, Construction, and Analysis of a Synthetic Minimal Bacterial Cell"
Lecture 2: "Building and grand scale engineering of eukaryotic viral genomes and chromosomes"
* Philip Maini, University of Oxford, UK
Lecture 1: Modelling Collective Cell Behaviour: Cranial Neural Crest Migration
Lecture 2: Modelling Collective Cell Behaviour: Angiogenesis
* KAREN POLIZZI, Imperial College London, UK
* WILLIAM SHIH, Harvard Medical School, USA
* JOERG STELLING, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Lecture 1: Systems Analysis and Design under Uncertainty: Incomplete Knowledge
Lecture 2: Systems Analysis and Design under Uncertainty: Cell-to-Cell Variability
* SARAH TEICHMANN, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute & EMBL-EBI, UK
Lecture 1: "Reconstructing Tissue Architecture one cell at a time"
* DANIELLE TULLMAN-ERCEK, Northwestern University, USA
* RON WEISS, MIT, USA
Lecture 1: "Synthetic Biology: From Parts to Complex Systems"
Lecture 2: "Mammalian Synthetic Biology: Therapeutic Perspectives"
CALL FOR POSTER & ORAL PRESENTATIONS:
During the Registration Process we accept abstract submissions for posters and oral presentations to be presented during the poster sessions and the talk sessions.
Early registration deadline: April 30
See you in Tuscany in July!
The SSBSS 2019 Organizing Committee.
SSBSS - Synthetic & Systems Biology Summer School Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/238417586492061/
Computational Synthetic Biology Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1014624245288596/