PCLA 2019 : Polish Cognitive Linguistics Association Conference 2019: Cognitive Linguistics in the year 2019
Call For Papers
DEADLINE EXTENSION - May 15, 2019!
We invite abstracts (as well as your ideas for poster and theme sessions) whose research lies within the Cognitive Linguistics framework and which address topics that include, but are not limited to:
- cognitive semantics in the broad sense of the term,
- cognitive grammar
- metaphor and metonymy,
- conceptual blending,
- prototypes and categorization,
- image schemas and force dynamics,
- embodiment and socio-cultural situatedness
- cognitive sociolinguistics,
- cognitive semiotics,
- multimodality (cartoons, comics, gesture studies, etc.)
Your abstract should make it clear that your research lies within the cognitive linguistics enterprise. Please refrain from any self-identification in the abstract. Do not include your name and affiliation in the main body of the text. Abstracts of no more than 500 words (including references) should be submitted via the conference website (see our contact information). We also encourage you to send your ideas on theme/poster sessions by January 31, 2019 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection by May 31, 2019.
The Conference organizers in collaboration with the editors of the peer-reviewed, indexed journals published by the University of Bialystok will invite the authors of selected conference papers to submit their manuscripts. Accepted papers will appear in special issues of the following journals:
- Studies in Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric, a Scopus indexed journal (papers in English) www.logika.uwb.edu.pl/studies/
- Crossroads. A Journal of English Studies (papers in English) www.crossroads.uwb.edu.pl/,
- Białostockie Archiwum Językowe (papers in English and Polish) www.filologia.uwb.edu.pl/baj/, and
- LaMiCuS (papers in English and Polish) www.lamicus.eu
We will ensure that the selected papers undergo a review process while maintaining the regular editorial, refereeing and revision standards of the journals.