MEPCON 2010 : 14th International Middle East Power System Conference
Call For Papers
The objective of the conference is to present academic and technological progress in key areas of electric power engineering and related subjects. It will provide a forum for national and international university faculties, research institutes, industry and utility engineers to exchange new concepts and challenges for the future.
The conference will be held in Al Masah Hotel near El Nasr Main Road (Extension of Autostrade Way) in Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt. This five star hotel is located in central area of Cairo and is close to many tourist places and shopping centers.
Topics of interest includes, but not limited to:
* Power systems planning and operation.
* Transmission and distribution planning and operation.
* Power generation.
* Switchgear and protection.
* High voltage engineering.
* Power systems analysis.
* Power quality.
* Energy management systems.
* Nuclear power engineering.
* Control and measurements.
* Smart grids.
* Electrical machines and drives.
* Power electronics theory and applications.
* FACTS and HVDC transmission Systems.
* Distributed power generation.
* Artificial intelligence applications in energy and power systems.
* Energy pricing and power market deregulation.
* Renewable energy technology.
* Power system blackout and system restoration.
* Fault Diagnosis.
* Modeling, simulation and optimization.
* Signal processing with applications to power systems.
* Information technology-based applications.
* Power engineering education.
* Energy and environment.