ICIBM 2019 : 2019 International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2019) Call for Papers
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
2019 International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2019)
June 9-11, 2019, Columbus, OH, USA, http://icibm2019.org/
It is our great pleasure to announce the 7th International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2019), which will take place in Columbus, OH, USA in Jun 9-11, 2019, http://icibm2019.org/. ICIBM is a high caliber conference which brings together eminent scholars with expertise in various fields of computational biology, systems biology, computational medicine, as well as experimentalists interested in application of computational methods in biomedical studies. The purpose of the ICIBM is to provide a congenial atmosphere highly conducive to extensive discussion and networking.
You are invited to submit papers with unpublished original work describing recent advances on all aspects of Bioinformatics, Intelligent Computing, Systems Biology, and Medical Informatics, including but not restricted to the following topics:
· Genomics and genetics, including integrative & functional genomics, genome evolution.
· Next generation sequencing data analysis, applications, and software and tools.
· Big data science including storage, analysis, modeling, visualization, and cloud.
· Precision medicine, translational bioinformatics and medical informatics.
· Drug discovery, design, and re-purposing.
· Proteomics, and protein structure prediction, molecular simulation and evolution.
· Single cell sequencing data analysis.
· Microbiome and Metagenomics
· Artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep learning, data mining, knowledge discovery.
· Natural language processing, literature mining, semantic ontology, and health informatics.
· Neural computing, kernel methods, feature selection/extraction.
· Evolutionary computing, swarm intelligence / optimization, ensemble methods.
· Manifold learning theory, artificial life and artificial immune.
· Image analysis and processing.
· Modeling and simulation of biological processes, pathways, and networks.
· Mathematical and quantitative models of cellular and multi-cellular systems.
· Multi-dimensional omics data integration.
· Synthetic biological systems.
· Metabolomics, microbiome, and lipidomics.
· Self-organization in living systems (cells, organisms, swarms, ecosystems, etc.)
· Applications of systems biology approaches to biomedical studies.
· Cohort discovery, EHR-based phenotyping, Predictive Modeling
· Data quality assessment or validation.
· Decision support solutions.
· Interoperability (e.g., ontology, terminology, and others).
· Machine learning for clinical applications.
· Mobile health and wearable devices.
Paper Submission and Publication:
Prospective authors are invited to submit unpublished work to ICIBM 2019. All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed. Acceptance to special issues will be based on review scores and topics. Publication will also depend on the final approval of editorial office and requires ICIBM registration. The accepted papers of registered authors will be published in special issues of several journals, including Genes, BMC Genomics, BMC Systems Biology, BMC Bioinformatics, BMC Medical Genomics, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, and International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design (IJCBDD). Participants have two tracks for paper submissions:
All papers prepared for BMC Genomics, BMC Systems Biology, BMC Bioinformatics, BMC Medical Genomics, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, and IJCBDD will be submitted through EasyChair Conference System https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icibm2019. Please contact Dr. Xia Ning Xia.Ning@osumc.edu for any questions regarding the submission of track 1.
Papers can be directly submitted to the journal Genes. Reviews will be handled exclusively by the journal editors and will not be reviewed by the ICIBM 2019 review committee. Papers for special issue Genes should be directly submitted through https://sciforum.net/conference/ICIBM2019 and notify us upon your submission. Please contact Dr. Yan Guo YaGuo@salud.unm.edu for any questions regarding the submission of track 2.
The conference typically provides 20 travel awards to students/postdocs; awards will be granted through an NSF grant application.
Deadline for paper submission: February 16, 2019
Notification to authors of papers: March 23, 2019
Deadline for abstract submission: March 30, 2019
Notification to authors of abstracts: April 4, 2019
Deadline for travel award application: May 1, 2019
Conference early registration deadline: May 8, 2019
Conference regular registration: May 9 – June 8, 2019
ICIBM conference: June 9 - 11, 2019