RoSE 2019 : 2nd International Workshop on Robotics Software Engineering (RoSE’19)
Call For Papers
Andreas Wortmann (email@example.com)
1:12 PM (7 hours ago)
Call for Papers
Second International Workshop on Robotics Software Engineering
Co-located with ICSE 2019
May 27, 2019, Montréal, QC, Canada
Robotics is one of the most challenging domains for software engineering (SE). Deploying even simple applications requires integrating solutions from experts of various domains, including navigation, path planning, manipulation, human-robot interaction, etc. Integration of modules contributed by respective domain experts is one of the key challenges in engineering software-centric systems, yet only one of the cross-cutting software concerns crucial to robotics. As robots often operate in dynamic, partially observable environments additional challenges include adaptability, robustness, safety, and security.
The goal of RoSE 2019 is to bring together researchers from participating domains with practitioners to identify new frontiers in robotics software engineering, discuss challenges raised by real-world applications, and transfer latest insights from research to industry. RoSE 2019 will solicit
contributions from both academic and industrial participants, thus fostering active synergy between the two communities.
RoSE 2019 welcomes the following types of contributions:
* research papers presenting novel contributions on advancing software engineering in robotics (max. 8 pages);
* challenge showcase papers describing robotics challenges considered insufficiently addressed from an industry perspective (max. 6 pages);
* lessons learned papers describing lessons learned in the collaboration between the two communities of SE and robotics (max. 6 pages);
* vision papers on the future of software engineering in robotics (max. 4 pages);
* tool and project papers on SE in robotics (max. 4 pages).
Workshop papers must follow the ICSE 2019 Format and Submission Guidelines but will use a single-blind submission process. All submitted papers will be reviewed on the basis of technical quality, relevance, significance, and clarity by the program committee. All workshop papers should be submitted electronically in PDF format through the EasyChair website at
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rose2019. Accepted papers will become part of the workshop proceedings.
* Submission deadline: February 01 2019
* Notification of acceptance: March 01 2019
* Camera-ready version: March 15 2019
Federico Ciccozzi (Mälardalen University, Sweden)
Nico Hochgeschwender (Université du Luxembourg, Luxembourg)
Ivano Malavolta (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
Andreas Wortmann (RWTH Aachen University, Germany)