NBN-INDECS 2019 : Special Issue of INDECS on Narratology and Its Discontents: Narrating Beyond Narration
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS – Special Issue of INDECS on Narratology and Its Discontents: Narrating Beyond Narration
Following the success of the International Conference “Narratology and its Discontents: Narrating Beyond Narration”, held at the Academy of Dramatic Art, University of Zagreb – we are preparing a thematic issue of the scientific journal Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems – INDECS (http://indecs.eu), dedicated to narratology topics. Scholars are encouraged to submit papers for possible publishing in the thematic issue of INDECS.
Suggested approaches to the topic:
- the study of logic and principles of narrative production
- narratology that goes beyond its structuralist background focusing on the ways that narrative structures our perception of social and cultural phenomena and helps us construct meaning in general
- interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary aspects of narrative studies
- narrative complexity and the encounter between narrative and complexity with implications both for narratology and complex systems theory
- the contextuality of the modes of narrative representation, its historicity, and in its pragmatic and artistic functions across different media
- the philosophy of action in the theory of narrative
- the narrative as communication
- cross-cultural narration
- cognitive theory of narrative acts
- the concept of performativity in narratology connected to the embodied ways of knowing
- “denarration” and extreme narration in contemporary drama and fiction
- narrative through nonlinguistic media
- narrative and embodied knowing in dance and performance
- (dramatic) narrative and epistemology (crisis)
- narrative and digital media
- cyberspace textuality
- interactive storytelling and interactive narrative systems
- narrative explanation in science and knowledge transfer in education
- a whole range of other topics that transform narratological study into a plethora of different, often interdisciplinary, mixed-method research approaches
About INDECS journal:
Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - INDECS, is a scientific journal, published quarterly as the online (ISSN 1334-4676), and printed (ISSN 1334-4684) edition. It is financially supported by Croatian Ministry of Science and Education.
INDECS is indexed in the Web of Science Core Collection, DOAJ EBSCO Academic SearchTM Complete, EconLit, ERIH PLUS, and Ulrich's. Publisher of journal INDECS is Croatian Interdisciplinary Society, a non-profit civil organization, a member of the International Federation for Systems Research. The Journal INDECS is devoted to the field emerging rapidly as an intricate combination of theoretically and empirically well founded scientific disciplines such as humanities, social and natural sciences, still enriched with novel elements and often surprising moments. The journal aims to contribute to this sparsely covered field, where metaphorical expressions about our world and its various segments subtly develop into concepts and further into well-defined, more quantifiable, measurable, predictable and operable structures. In this sense, the articles included generally cover areas such as concept development and modelling, as well as others that contribute to a quantification of impressions and henceforth to a deepening of understanding of human societies and other complex systems, including aspects of our environment. The Journal predicted audience are scientists and experts with a background in natural or social sciences, as well as anyone else interested in the description of complex, predominantly human systems. The Journal Home Page: https://www.indecs.eu
INDECS publishes original, peer-reviewed, scientific contributions prepared as reviews, regular and conference papers and brief and preliminary reports.
Submission deadline: March 1st, 2019.
Please utilize this MS Word template downloadable from INDECS page for manuscript preparation.
Please, send your submissions to this email:
Any additional questions or comments, please, send us to the aforementioned email.