CloudApp 2010 : The First IEEE International Workshop on Emerging Applications for Cloud Computing
Call For Papers
Cloud computing is swiftly becoming a very significant computing paradigm, allowing organizations to implement more computationally smart and agile environments by improving efficiency and reliability at lower cost. Many potential uses have been proposed to leverage this powerful resource, covering many areas of applied computing. This workshop seeks to identify and explore new and emerging technologies utilizing cloud computing infrastructure.
We intend to bring together cloud computing researchers, experts, developers, and practitioners from academia, industry, and government, to discuss new and emerging trends in research and application of cloud computing technologies for these environments. We seek to identify the greatest risks and challenges facing these paradigms, and outline approaches for solving them. Finally, we aim to provide the foundation for new collaborative efforts across disciplines.
We solicit unpublished research papers that address theoretical issues and practical implementations/experiences related to new technologies and applications enabled by cloud computing.
Topics of interest related to cloud computing include, but are not limited to the following:
* Cost analysis and revenue models for clouds
* Different cloud service models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
* Data assurance/management in clouds
* Digital forensic challenges and applications
* Digital identity management in private/public/hybrid clouds
* Enterprise applications based on clouds
* Network and storage architectures for clouds
* Programming models and tools for clouds
* Performance monitoring and optimization
* Scalability and complexity in clouds
* Scientific and high performance computing
* Security policy and trust models for clouds
* Service computing
* Virtualization techniques and applications
Invited participants Researchers, experts, developers, and practitioners from academia, industry, and government working on all aspects of cloud computing. We particularly encourage application developers to submit papers detailing implementation experiences and results. Our intention is to involve participants across disciplines, allowing them to work towards influencing the direction of cloud computing research.
March 1, 2010: Deadline for paper submission
March 30, 2010: Notification of acceptance
April 30, 2010: Camera-ready due