IWBigDataCity 2019 : 1st International Workshop on Big data, cloud, and IoT technologies for smart cities
Call For Papers
About IWBigDataCity 2019
(In conjunction with IEEE BigComp 2019: http://www.bigcomputing.org/)
The first international workshop on big data, cloud, and IoT technologies for smart cities is a forum for researchers in academia and industry who are interested in big data, cloud, and IoT technologies for smart cities and their use cases. The goal of this workshop is to share novel ideas, research progress, and smart city use cases, and to discuss future directions of smart city technologies. The workshop focuses on the added value interconnection among state-of-the-art technologies such as, Big Data, cloud/edge computing, Internet of Things, blockchains, and others having as aim to provide services in the context of the smart cities.
Topics of Interest
The topics of this workshop cover big data, cloud, and IoT technologies for smart cities. The world is facing numerous problems such as global warming, economic crisis, security threats, inequality, natural disasters, and ageing society, and ICT solutions, such as big data, cloud computing, and IoT, are expected as the keys to cope with those problems. Meanwhile, smart cities have been emerging as an improved form of cities where different types of ICT solutions are used to efficiently manage assets and resources.
The workshop invites papers sharing results of smart city applications and experimentations performed in lab and at city scale, in particular with involvement of a multitude of related stakeholders. Technical validation, as well as assessment results of non-technical aspects such as usage, social acceptance, privacy or ethics related issues are particularly encouraged. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Smart City applications
• Internet of Things in cities
• Middleware technologies
• Security and privacy
• Cloud Computing integration
• Communication protocols
• 5G deployments and applications
• Testbeds, deployments and experiments
• Open data and measurement
• Machine Learning and data mining
• Big Data applications
• City context analysis, visualization, and applications
• Blockchains and smart contracts
• Citizen health and lifestyle enhancement
• Safety and disaster management
• Location prediction in social media and web
• Evaluation of frameworks, metrics and algorithms
Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality manuscripts presenting original work, on-going projects, and case study results in the abovementioned topics (but not limited to them). Papers must be formatted in PDF according to the IEEE two-column format for conference proceedings and submitted through EasyChair. The direct link for paper submission is https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iwbigdatacity2019 .
Papers can be either regular or short papers, where regular papers are limited to 8 pages and short ones to 4 pages. The paper templates with formatting instructions can be found at:
• IEEE Conference Microsoft Word Template: Conference-template-letter
• IEEE Conference Latex Template: Conference-LaTeX-template_5-8-18
All workshop papers will be published in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library as conference proceedings.
• Paper submission: November 20th, 2018. (GMT)
• Notification of acceptance: December 21st, 2018.
• Camera-ready due: December 28th, 2018.
• Author registration: December 28th, 2018.
• Workshop session: February 27th, 2019.
To be announced…
Workshop and Program Co-Chairs
Toshiyuki Amagasa, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Antonios Litke, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
George Palaiokrassas, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Technical Program Committee members
To be provided…
For any inquiry please send an email to: info (at) iwbigdatacity.org