EG2019 Think Tan 2019 : EG2019 Think Tank - NEW EUROGRAPHICS SESSION
Call For Papers
EG2019 Think Tank. For the first year, EUROGRAPHICS2019 will host the new track EG2019 Think Tank, as special sessions of the EG2019 Program. Each EG2019 Think Tank is intended to promote discussion around emerging topics challenges in Computer Graphics, welcoming ideas that arise from the cross-fertilization among different fields such as Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Geometric Modelling, Virtual & Augmented Reality, CAD. Topics for a Think Tank session can also be suggested by Application of Computer Graphics to Engineering, Bio-Medicine, Art, etc.
Think Tank sessions will be organized as a panel session of one-hour, during which the proposer will be asked to give an introduction to the theme, followed by a panel/brainstorming session with the audience. The EG2019 Think Tank proposer must coordinate, and participate to, his/her session if accepted. International research and experts in academia and industry will present their ongoing research activities and results, open problems, trends, sub-areas, and applications in different research areas that could raise interests and discussion in the audience. Main topics include, but are not limited to,
● Computer-Aided Design
● Geometric Modeling
● Computer Animation
● Computer Vision and Image Processing
● Information Visualization and Scientific Visualization
● Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Mixed Reality
● Multimedia Applications
● Serious gaming
● Web Graphics and Mobile Graphics
● Creativity and Digital Art
● Applications to Engineering, Bio-Medicine, etc.
An EG2019 Think Tank submission must include the following materials and information.
● A four-page document describing the idea, the motivation and the impact that the new topic is expected to have. We strongly suggest proposers to include a short statement of colleagues in Computer Graphics that second the proposal and that will animate the Think Tank session and the brainstorming discussion. A short reference list is welcome.
● Any supporting material, such as videos, software demonstration, prototype, demos, etc.
According to their topics and scope, each EG2019 Think Tank Session will be scheduled as oral presentation of 30 minutes, followed by 20 minutes of discussion and 10 minutes of wrap-up.
EG2019 Think Tank Sessions: Important Dates & Submission
● Proposal Submission Deadline: February 4, 2019. Proposal submissions should be sent to email@example.com and will be reviewed by international experts.
● Notification of Acceptance: March 1, 2019
● After the EG2019, the Think Tank organizers, will select 1 or 2 topics among those ones discussed during the Think Tank Sessions and will work to develop them further into submissions to Computer Graphics Forum, inviting the proposers and participants of the Think Tank sessions to contribute. We plan for each submission to consist of a coherent position article (4-12 pages) based on the extended abstract submitted for the Think Tank, a collection of scholarly commentaries (1-2 pages each) by a number of participants in the Think Tank, and a feedback statement by the author(s) of the position article.