HMPMOS 2019 : History, memory, and the past in Management and Organization Studies
Call For Papers
RAE-Revista de Administração de Empresas
(Journal of Business Management)
ISSN 0034-7590, printed issue; ISSN 2178-938X online issue
CALL FOR PAPERS
HISTORY, MEMORY, AND THE PAST IN MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION STUDIES
Deadline: June 30th 2019
Guest editors: Amon Barros (FGV´s Sao Paulo School of Business Administration - EAESP),
Diego M. Coraiola (University of Alberta), Mairi Maclean (University of Bath), William M. Foster (University of Alberta)
This special issue aims to be inclusive and to connect a broad community of scholars interested in deepening the debate around issues of memory, temporality, and history in Management and Organization Studies. We invite theoretical, methodological, and empirical contributions that explore the implications of the historical turn to the study of management and organizations from multiple theoretical, epistemological, cultural, and geographical locations.
THEMES AND TOPICS
POSSIBLE RESEARCH QUESTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT RESTRICTED TO:
• How rhetorical history is used and reused in organizations?
• How organizations manage their colonial pasts?
• How different temporal frames influence strategy work?
• How corporations socially construct product heritage?
• How multinationals try to manage memories across the borders?
• How collective memory and dynamic capabilities coevolve?
• How critical history might contribute to managerial practice?
• How historical narratives are translated across societies and organizations?
• How the past supports entrepreneurial activity and creation of new ventures?
• How the past is remembered and forgot in organizations and organizational fields?
• How the organizational history influences the pedagogy and practice of management?
• How the way we historicize the past shapes current managerial knowledge?
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Papers submitted must not have been published, accepted for publication, or presently be under consideration for publication elsewhere. To be eligible for review the paper must be set up according to the RAE’s guidelines (https://rae.fgv.br/en/manual-rae/articles). The papers must be written in English, Portuguese, or Spanish. The submission must be made through the ScholarOne system at http://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/rae-scielo. Suitable papers will be subjected to a blind review. Please address questions to Amon Barros (firstname.lastname@example.org).
RAE is a strong academic journal, edited by FGV’s Sao Paulo School of Business Administration (EAESP), and its international visibility and reputation has been continuously increasing as reflected in its JCR and SJR ranking.
(logotipos dos indexadores)
The journal is an effective channel of communication among businesses, government agencies, and research institutions in all the Iberoamerican countries, in addition to Spain and Portugal.
To see the full version of this Call for Paper, visit: fgv.br/rae