INTERSOL 2019 : 3rd EAI International Conference on Innovations and Interdisciplinary Solutions for Underserved Areas
Call For Papers
The third edition of the conference (InterSol2019) will be held on February 14-15, 2019 in Cairo, Egypt. This year’s main topics include (but not limited): Gender and Socio-Economic Development; Urban Development and Smart Cities for Africa; Agriculture, Water Resources, Food Security and Climate Change; and ICT as an enabler. A detailed list of the covered themes is available below. We invite unpublished contributions and innovations that address these issues via an interdisciplinary approach.
Urban Development and Smart Cities: What for Africa?
• Awareness and Risk management system for cities sustainable development
• Urban disaster risk resilience: Translating the local to global
• Sustainable household sanitation and waste management
• Smart cities and intelligent buildings
• Climate change and adaptation in cities and local areas
• Rapid urbanization: the good, the bad, and the unknown
• ICT and Energy in African smart cities
Agriculture, Food Security, Water Resources and Climate Change:
• Water resources: evaluation et exploitation
• Water reuse in agriculture: what practices to cope with drought?
• The agricultural value chains: innovations and sustainability
• Food and nutrition security
• Foreign direct investment and food security in Africa
• Plant biotechnology for climate change incidence
• Climate change and New economic opportunities in Africa
• Environmental migration
Socio-Economic Development and Gender:
• Partnership government, local communities and private sector
• People-oriented/centered development
• Youth/women engagement, ICT, water/energy
• Enabling pathways or barriers to sustainable development
• Community-driven development strategies
• Filling the gender gap in a resource-limited environment
Energy for Urban and Rural Areas
• Energy efficiency and energy access
• Sustainability, energy, and buildings
• Sustainable building technologies
• Policy outlook on sustainability in buildings
• Building integrated green energy
• Towards rural power/smart grid
ICT as Enabler (for economic development, smart cities, energy, agriculture, etc.)
• ICT and decision making in the face of uncertainty
• ICT and best practices for sustainable development
• Innovative connectivity solutions
• Interaction between classical scientific solutions and locally developed process and methods
• Harnessing agriculture, land administration and public financial management for ICT
All registered papers will be submitted for publication by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Smart Cities
Instructions for paper submission
Submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by an international team of experts and accepted papers will be invited to be discussed during the third annual meeting in February 14-15, 2019.
Regular papers should be 6 – 20+ pages in length.
Ain Shams University, Egypt
This event is organized by EAI (www.eai.eu).
EAI – European Alliance for Innovation is a non-profit organization and a professional community established in cooperation with the European Commission to empower the global research and innovation, and to promote cooperation between European and International ICT communities.