CSW 2010 : Computer Science Student Workshop
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
1st Computer Science Student Workshop (CSW’10)
İstanbul, 21 February 2010
The Computer Science Student Workshop (CSW) aims to bring Computer Science and Engineering students together in a semiformal workshop atmosphere. There are three main goals to the workshop series:
· Expose graduate students to the concepts of academic writing, peer review, research presentation, critical thinking, and academic way of thinking in general.
· Establish and foster a semiformal environment for graduate students to meet each other, share ideas and get feedback. The goal is to form a network of young researchers who will support each other.
· The most important goal of the workshop is to establish a core group of senior graduate student leaders, who will serve as mentors and role models for the coming generation. Therefore, the workshop is organized by graduate students, for graduate students.
We are seeking papers from all areas of Computer Science, including but not limited to:
· Programming Languages and Methodologies
· Operating, Distributed, and Software Systems
· Artificial Intelligence
· Computer Networks
· User Interfaces
· Computer Vision and Pattern Analysis
· Computer Architecture
· Computer Graphics and Interactive Media
· Formal Methods
· Parallel Computing
· Database Systems
· Data Mining
· Software Engineering
· Numerical Analysis
· Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
Submissions are three pages long, and are required to adhere to the CSW formatting guidelines. Revised versions of previously published material are acceptable; however original works of research and early results from ongoing projects are encouraged. Although the workshop is primarily for graduate students, undergraduate students are encouraged to write about their term, graduation or research projects.
All papers will be peer reviewed, and accepted papers will be recommended for inclusion in the workshop accompanied with a poster, a short talk, or a long talk based on the quality of the submission and the audience interest. The workshop will be single track. Proceedings of the workshop will be made available online. “Best Paper” and “Best Presentation” awards will be presented at the workshop dinner.
CSW’10 is the first in the series of the student workshops in Computer Science and Engineering. It will take place at Koç İstinye Campus, İstanbul.