PV 2019 : Packet Video Workshop 2019
Call For Papers
The 24th Packet Video Workshop (PV 2019) is devoted to presenting technological advancements and innovations in video and multimedia transmission over packet networks. The workshop provides a unique venue for people from the multimedia and networking fields to meet, interact and exchange ideas. Its charter is to promote the research and development in both established and emerging areas of video streaming and multimedia networking. PV 2019 will be held in Amherst, MA, USA on June 18th, 2019 as a single-track event. The workshop will be co-located with ACM MMSys.
PV 2019 seeks submission of original work in all areas of multimedia networking, including cutting-edge research and novel applications. Authors are especially encouraged to submit papers with real-world experimental results and datasets. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Adaptive media streaming, content storage, and content delivery
- Novel technologies for interactive audiovisual communications
- Network-distributed video coding and network-based media processing
- Next-generation/future video coding, point cloud compression
- Cloud-based multimedia coding and processing, cloud-based mobile media
- Wireless, mobile, IoT, and embedded systems for multimedia applications
- Video streaming over software-defined networks
- Multimedia communication over future networks, such as information-centric networks next-generation 802.11ax networks and 5G wireless
- Coding and streaming of immersive media, including virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), 360° video and multi-sensory systems
- Machine learning in media coding and streaming systems
- Standardization: DASH, MMT, CMAF, OMAF, MiAF, WebRTC, HTTP/2, QUIC, MPTCP, MSE, EME, WebXR, Hybrid Media, WAVE, etc.
- Emerging applications: social media, game streaming, personal broadcast, healthcare, industry 4.0, multi-camera surveillance, smart transportation, etc.
Prospective authors are invited to submit an electronic version of full papers, in PDF format, up to six (6) printed pages in length (double column ACM style format) at the PV 2019 Website. The authors are also encouraged to regularly check the PV 2019 web site for the latest information and updates. The proceedings will be published by ACM Digital Library.
- Submission deadline: February 10, 2019
- Acceptance notification: March 22, 2019
- Camera-ready deadline: April 7, 2019
- Ramesh Sitaraman (UMass, ramesh at cs.umass.edu)
- Weidong Mao (Comcast, weidong_mao at comcast.com)
Workshop TPC Co-Chairs
- Zhi Li (Netflix, zli at netflix.com)
- Xiaoqing Zhu (Cisco, xiaoqzhu at cisco.com)