WPC 2019 : Wireless Power Class – a part of the Embedded World Conference 2019
Call For Papers
Wireless Power Class – a part of the Embedded World Conference 2019
February 26-28, 2019 - Exhibition Centre - Nuremberg, Germany
Call for Papers & Workshops
Wireless power transfer for charging batteries (wireless charging) is well on its way to conquering other applications after the smartphone - in industrial applications such as cordless tools and for Ex areas, in medical technology - in mobile diagnostic devices or implants, in kitchen and household appliances, in ITC, in automotive and vehicles, and in many other sectors.
It is always a question of integrating the converter stages required for energy transmission into a device or system - wireless power must be linked to an embedded system. More precisely: with two embedded systems - wireless power transfer forms the connection between two embedded systems, between energy transmitter and receiver. Some wireless power systems can even power more than one receiver. By then at the latest, energy transmitters and receivers must communicate with each other - a task that is increasingly in the interest of developers and can be integrated into energy transmission.
The German technical journal Elektronik, supported by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), is therefore moving the previous Wireless Power Congress to the Embedded Word Conference 2019 - with over 2,100 participants, the largest event of its kind in the world.
The new Wireless Power Class as a part of the Embedded Word Conference is the forum of excellence for exchange of knowledge and experience among wireless power professionals in research, development and application.
The program committee of the Wireless Power Class invites you to submit proposals for speaking opportunities, presentations (approx. 30 min) and workshops or tutorials (approx. 1.5 or 3 hrs.). In addition, we warmly invite academia to give an insight into their future-driven research and development.
Papers are to be presented in English. Contributions shall look at fundamentals, trends, technologies, applications, standardization, certification and estimations of the market. Workshops will deal with basic themes and last 1.5 or 3 hrs. All contributions shall be purely technical and practically oriented. Marketing-oriented papers will not be considered. All submissions will be reviewed and judged by the program committee.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, trends, design, technology and applications in the following sectors:
- wireless power technologies
- transmitter and receiver design
- communication and data transmission
- security and safety
- international directives and regulatory issues
- power management
- multi receiver technologies
- wireless charging
- standards and interoperability
- system integration
- high power wireless power transmission
- energy harvesting and wireless power technologies for larger distances
- wireless power for industrial applications
- wireless power for health and medical applications
- wireless power for automotive applications
- wireless power for transportation
- wireless power for wearables and mobile devices
- EMC & interoperability problems
- wireless power for harsh environments
- semiconductors and components technologies
- power control technologies
- miniaturization and systems efficiency
- identification and foreign object detection
- test- and measurement tools for wireless power
- underwater wireless power transfer
- other topics out of the wide spectrum of “wireless power technologies”
In parallel, we plan to offer specific technology tracks and workshops for in-depth information into the leading wireless power standards and technologies.
Please make a note of the following deadlines:
- Deadline for abstracts: August 31, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: October 29, 2018
- Deadline for final paper: January 18, 2019
Please submit your proposal online under: www.embedded-world.eu and use the topic of interest „2.2 Wireless Technologies“ for your abstract.
We are looking forward to your submission!