SEDM 2010 : 2nd International Conference on Software Engineering and Data Mining
Call For Papers
Important Dates and Paper Types
SEDM 2010 : June 23-25 2010- Chengdu, China.
Electronic submission: Feb 25, 2010
Notification of paper acceptance: Mar 20, 2010
Camera-ready of accepted papers: April 10, 2010
SEDM, International Conference on Software Engineering and Data Mining will be held in 2010, Chengdu, China. Selected papers will be included as revised monographs in the international journals.
SEDM - Introduction
1. Introduction to SEDM conference
SEDM stands for International Conference on Software Engineering and Data Ming. It is a premium international conference on Theory, Development, Applications, Experiences, and Evaluation related to Software engineering, and Data mining. SEDM is intended to attract fellow researchers, practitioners, and students to present and discuss current state of the art in software engineering and/or data mining.
The conference aims at seeking solutions to challenging problems facing the development and maintenance of software, and identifying future research directions by promoting high quality, novel and daring research findings. With the SEDM conference, these new challenges and tools can be shared with academic and industrial communities. As an important part of the conference, the workshop program will focus on research challenges and initiatives. In addition to scientific oriented SEDM, the SEDM 2010 conference has an equal emphasis on engineering, business, finance, and medical research for the development of the global economy.
As the modern society becomes increasingly dependent on software systems, the cost and consequences of software failures become more and more serious. How to develop software systems that can be justifiably trusted is considered a critical issue by academia, government, and industry. We are excited to propose Chengdu, China as the site for the SEDM 2010 and are confident that the SEDM 2010 will be a great success.
2. Technical Themes of Interest
Topics related to theory, systems, applications, design, analysis and implementation of SEDM are of interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
* Topic 1) Software Engineering Related Topics, including:
- Requirements Engineering
- Software Specification
- Software Architecture
- Software Design, Software Testing
- Software Assurance
- Reengineering And Reverse Engineering
- Software Process Modeling
- Software Reuse
- Software Safety
- Software Security
- Software Maintenance and Evolution
- Software Engineering Tools and Environments
- Project Management.
* Topic 2) Data Mining Related Topics, including:
- Data Mining Algorithms
- Theory and Applications; Distributed And High Performance Data Mining; Mining The Text
- Web and Multimedia Data
- Privacy Preserving Data Analysis
- Data Pre-Processing and Reduction
- Feature Selection and Transformation
- Visualization and Post-Processing In Data Mining.
* Topic 3) Data Mining For Software Engineering Topics:
- Data Mining Techniques for Software Programming
- Debugging, Testing, and Maintenance
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery in Software Engineering
- Automated Analysis of Software System
- Characterization, Classification, and Prediction of Software Defects via Data Mining
- Software Engineering Decision Support
- Agent-Based Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Approaches to Software Engineering
- Data Mining Techniques to Model Software Reliability
- Data Mining for Software Trustability Analysis
- Measurements and Models for Software Trustworthiness.