ACEID 2019 : The Asian Conference on Education & International Development 2019
Call For Papers
The 2019 conference theme for The Asian Conference on Education & International Development (ACEID) is "Independence & Interdependence", and invites reflections on the desirability, extent and limits on independence and autonomy for ourselves, our students, and the institutions and structures within which we work, teach and learn. We do not educate, nor are we educated, in vacuums, but in such contexts and constraints as families, groups, and societies; of nations and cultures; of identities and religions; and of political and financial realities.
The technological and logistical advances of globalisation have enabled us to become independent and empowered as never before, but have also made us more dependent on the very things allowing autonomy. While technologies allow us to communicate with those on the other side of the world, they can also separate us from those nearby, and contribute to alienation, or loneliness. And yet this increased interconnectedness offers great opportunities to work together to solve some of the world’s most pressing issues, and reminds us of our responsibilities towards each other. Our independence is contextualised in the relations we enjoy with others; in our families and communities, shared institutions, in our wider societies, geographical and political entities, and finally, as a part of the one world we all share.
How do we help students and teachers alike navigate and curate the vast information available? How do we encourage individual growth while also underlining the importance of belonging and of the reciprocal responsibilities and privileges of education? How do we help students build the skills and attitudes necessary for positive engagement in distributed, globalised communities that so often lead to polarisation and alienation instead? How do we educate with independence and interdependence in mind? How do we engage meaningfully in “international development” through education? What are the successes and failures of the international system in addressing some of the most pressing concerns of our time?
These and many other questions will be addressed at the conference, and we look forward to coming together to exchange ideas and explore new research paths together.
This conference is organised by IAFOR in association with the IAFOR Research Centre at the Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP) in Osaka University, Japan.
– The ACEID2019 Organising Committee
Steve Cornwell, The International Academic Forum (IAFOR) & Osaka Jogakuin University, Japan
Joseph Haldane, The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), Japan
Barbara Lockee, Virginia Tech., USA
Ted O’Neill, Gakushuin University, Japan
Haruko Satoh, Osaka University, Japan
–––––––––– Important Info ––––––––––
Location & Venue: Toshi Center, Tokyo, Japan
Conference Dates: Monday, March 25, to Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Conference Theme: “Independence & Interdependence”
Conference Website: aceid.iafor.org
Early Bird Abstract Submission Deadline: November 09, 2018*
Final Abstract Submission Deadline: January 10, 2019
Early Bird Registration Deadline: December 10, 2018*
Final Registration Deadline for presenters: February 12, 2019
Join the conversation with #IAFOR and #IAFORACEID
*Submit early to take advantage of the discounted registration rates.
–––––––––– Call for Papers ––––––––––
The conference theme for ACEID is Independence & Interdependence, and the organisers encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives. However, the submission of other topics for consideration is welcome and we also encourage sessions across a variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspectives.
Abstracts should address one or more of the streams below, identifying a relevant sub-theme:
– Diversity in Global Contexts
– Education & Socio-Economic Development
– Education & Development: Local & Global/Domestic & International
– Education: Public & Private Partnerships
– Economics & Management of Education
– Literacy: Poverty & Sustainability
– Innovation & Value
Submissions are organised into the following sub-themes:
Teaching & Learning
– Learning Experiences, Student Learning & Learner Diversity
– Teaching Experiences, Pedagogy, Practice & Praxis
– Assessment Theories & Methodologies
– Curriculum Design & Development
– Adult, Lifelong & Distance Learning
– Education & Difference: Gifted Education, Special Education, Learning Difficulties & Disability
– Interdisciplinary, Multidisciplinary & Transdisciplinary Education
– Educational Policy, Leadership, Management & Administration
– Educational Research, Development & Publishing
– Professional Training, Development & Concerns in Education
– Primary & Secondary Education
– Higher Education
Community & Society
– Education, Sustainability & Society: Social Justice, Development & Political Movements
– International Education
Language & Culture
– Language Development & Literacy
– Foreign Languages Education & Applied Linguistics (including ESL/TESL/TEFL)
– Challenging & Preserving: Culture, Inter/Multiculturalism & Language
Psychology, Mind & Brain
– Mind, Brain & Psychology: Human Emotional & Cognitive Development & Outcomes within Educational Contexts
– Counselling, Guidance & Adjustment in Education
Innovation & Technology
– Design, Implementation & Assessment of Innovative Technologies in Education
– Nurturing Creativity & Innovation: New, Innovative & Radical Education
– Knowledge Creation, Preservation & Access: Curation, Librarianship, Information & Archival Science
Submit your abstract through the online submission system: https://aceid.iafor.org/call-for-papers/
–––––––––– Publishing Opportunities ––––––––––
**The IAFOR Journal of Education (ije.iafor.org)
The IAFOR Journal of Education is an Open Access, peer-reviewed, international, interdisciplinary and intercultural journal. All papers published in the journal have been subjected to the rigorous and accepted processes of academic peer review. Papers submitted by academic researchers, theorists, practising teachers, policy-makers and educational administrators are welcomed.
If your abstract is accepted and you have registered for the conference, you are encouraged to submit a full paper for inclusion in the official conference proceedings. Our conference proceedings are Open Access research repositories, which act as permanent records of the research generated by IAFOR conferences.
THINK (think.iafor.org), The Academic Platform, is IAFOR's online magazine, publishing the latest in interdisciplinary research and ideas from some of the world's foremost academics, many of whom have presented at IAFOR conferences. Content is varied in both subject and form, with everything from full research papers to shorter opinion pieces, interviews and media-themed articles.
–––––––––– About IAFOR ––––––––––
The International Academic Forum (IAFOR) is a research organisation, conference organiser and publisher dedicated to encouraging interdisciplinary discussion, facilitating intercultural awareness and promoting international exchange, principally through educational exchange and academic research.
To learn more about IAFOR, please visit iafor.org.