IEICE LOIS 2019 : IEICE Trans. Special Section on Log Data Usage Technology and Office Information Systems
Call For Papers
Special Section on Log Data Usage Technology and Office Information Systems
-- Data analysis, anonymization, and other enabling techniques for practical information systems --
# Important Dates
* Submission deadline: Nov. 1st, 2018
* 1st notification of the review evaluation: Feb, 2019
* 2nd (final) notification of the review evaluation: May, 2019
* Advance publication: seven working days after notification of acceptance
(The accepted papers will be published online within seven working days
after notification of acceptance on the web site of Transactions Online. )
* Publication date: Sep. 1st, 2019
Call for papers
The IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems announces that it will publish a special section entitled "Special Section on Log Data Usage Technology and Office Information Systems" in September 2019. This special section aims to further practical information systems that can leverage various log data, regarding the so-called Big Data era. In this era, many types of logs are stored on an everyday basis, and it is greatly boosted by IoT (Internet of Things) devices and products. Examples of those logs include customer purchase history, medication logs, and articles posted on SNS (Social Network Service) stored in daily life. Leveraging such log data can be considered a key research topic towards a better information society. We welcome submissions of research papers on a wide variety of techniques (e.g., log-data processing, data sharing, and anonymization) not only for office information systems, but also for any practical log-based applications. Submission deadline of the manuscript is November 1st, 2018 (JST).
- Lifelog (Log processing, Data analysis, Application software, etc.)
- Office model (Business process modeling, Business process re-engineering (BPR), Information sharing, XML, Document structure, Document processing, Workflow, etc.)
- Technologies supporting communication and collaboration (E-mail, Groupware, Communication management service (CMS), Blog, Social networking service (SNS), Virtual sharing environment, Virtual office, etc.)
- Data mining for extracting useful information on business (Data mining for marketing, Knowledge management, Mail mining, Artificial intelligence, etc.)
- System architecture (Web service, Guideline for information systems, Service-oriented architecture (SOA), Web API, RSS, Mashup, Service level agreement (SLA), etc.)
- Network (Sensor network, Ubiquitous network, Virtual private network (VPN), P2P, etc.)
- Security (Anonymity, Access control, Malware, Spam, Copyright management, etc.)
- Human interface (Visualization, Mobile interface, Rich interface, Ajax, etc.)
- Business application (Decision Support, Campus information system, Internet connected home appliance, IPTV etc.)
2. Submission Instruction
- A manuscript should be prepared according to the guideline given in "The Information for Authors" (http://www.ieice.org/eng/shiori/mokuji_iss.html). We encourage the authors to use the IEICE Style File (http://www.ieice.org/ftp/index-e.html). The preferred length of the manuscript is 8 pages for a PAPER and 2 pages for a LETTER with the format determined by the IEICE Style File.
- Submit the manuscript through the IEICE Web site (https://review.ieice.org/regist/regist_baseinfo_e.aspx). Choose "[Special-OF] Log Data Usage Technology and Office Information Systems" in the menu of "Journal/Section" in the submission page. Do not choose "[Regular-ED] Information and Systems" or other special sections.
- Authors must agree to the "Copyright Transfer and Page Charge Agreement" via electronic submission.
- Submission deadline of the manuscript is November 1st, 2018 (JST).
3. Special Section Editorial Committee
- Guest Editor-in-Chief: Noriyasu Yamamoto (Fukuoka Inst. of Tech.)
- Guest Editor: Ryoichi Isawa (NICT), Yoshiaki Shiraishi (Kobe Univ.), Youji Fukuta (Kindai Univ.)
- Guest Associate Editors: Takanori Isobe (Univ. of Hyogo), Manabu Okamoto (NTT), Akihisa Kodate (Tsuda Univ.), Yoshiaki Seki (Tokyo City Univ.), Shigeaki Tanimoto (Chiba Inst. of Tech.), Hiroyuki Nishi (Sojo Univ.), Kazuhide Fukushima (KDDI Research), Keisuke Furumoto (NICT), Masami Mohri (Gifu Univ.)
- Upon accepted for publication, all authors, including authors of invited papers, should pay the page charges covering partial cost of publication around May 2019. If payment is not completed by 15 June, 2019 your manuscript will be handled as rejection.
- The standard period of 60 days between the notification (of conditional accept) and the second submission can be shortened according as the review schedule.
- At least one of the authors must be an IEICE member when the manuscript is submitted for review. Invited papers are an exception. We recommend authors unaffiliated with IEICE to apply for the membership. (http://www.ieice.org/eng/join_ieice/index.html)
- Open Access: The IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems is an open access journal from January 2017. Open access to “IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems” is available via the J-STAGE (https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/browse/transinf/).