BRAINS 2018 : Behavioral Change and Ambient Intelligence for Sustainability
Call For Papers
2018 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence (AmI 2018)
Golden Bay Beach Hotel, Larnaca, Cyprus, 12-14 November, 2018
Ambient intelligence refers to normal working and living environments being surrounded by embedded devices that can merge unobtrusively and in natural ways using information and intelligence hidden in the network connecting these devices (e.g. The Internet of Things). Such devices, each specialised in one or more capabilities, are intended to work together based on an infrastructure of intelligent systems, to provide a variety of services improving safety, security and the quality of life in ordinary living, travelling and working environments.
Accompanying the main conference, the workshop on Behavioral Change and Ambient Intelligence for Sustainability (BRAINS 2018) will take place.
In this workshop, we will look into how to design, develop and evaluate systems that enable behavior capture and support behavior modeling so as to drive behavioral change using Ambient Intelligence. Certain challenges need to be overcome such as choosing the timing, modality, content, and the feedback systems of persuasive intervention strategies as well as the timing and modality of the systems that monitor the behaviour. Therefore, the multi-disciplinary nature of designing and implementing behavioral change strategies and systems are within the core of this workshop.
The aim of this workshop is to collect from academic and industrial players papers reporting original, previously unpublished research, which addresses this important field. In addition, novel approaches combining advances in IoT, Fog and Cloud technologies, with techniques such as gamification to stimulate engagement and behavior change are also within the scope of this workshop. The research being presented can come from any topic area relevant to behavior change using ambient intelligence including, but not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Data management and knowledge extraction
- Fog computing and network architectures
- 5G communication architecture and pervasive sensing applications
- Smart metering infrastructures
- People-centric systems and solutions
- Methodologies for studying and analyzing behavior and results of interventions
- Big-Data driver ambient intelligence approaches
- Pilot applications and experiences
- IoT-enabled enhanced learning
- IoT-based gamification for behavioral change
- Users’ behavioural changes for energy efficiency
- Applications of gamification in IoT settings
- Behaviour change in Educational environments
- Testing and evaluation methodologies for large-scale IoT experimentation
- IoT Security and Security and Privacy on deployment for behavioral change
- Gamification in transportation
We invite full-papers, work-in progress and position papers that address one or more of the topics of interest.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by at least three Program Committee members from the corresponding workshop.
All accepted full papers and posters will appear in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier under the ENTCS Journal series. Papers must be submitted in PDF format adhering to the ELSEVIER Journal format and should follow the publication policies of ENTCS.
The macros can be obtained on the ENTCS Macro Web Site http://www.entcs.org along with detailed instructions about preparing the papers for the series.
Papers can be submitted through the EASYCHAIR system: