WILE 2018 : 11th Workshop on Intelligent Learning Environments
Call For Papers
11th Workshop on Intelligent Learning Environments, WILE 2018
October 22nd – 23rd, 2018
Held in collaboration with:
17th Mexican International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, MICAI 2018
and the support of the:
Thematic Network on Applied Computational Intelligence, RedICA (Red Temática en Inteligencia Computacional Aplicada) of CONACYT
CALL FOR PAPERS
We are proud to announce the Eleventh Workshop on Intelligent Learning Environments and we invite you to submit papers presenting original and unpublished research in all areas related to Intelligent Learning Environments. Submitted papers can include descriptions of complete, in progress or theoretical research work; case studies and review papers are also encouraged.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together active researchers and students in the field of Intelligent Learning Environments (ILE) so that they can:
• present and discuss innovative theoretical work and original applications,
• exchange ideas,
• establish collaboration links,
• discuss important recent achievements, and
• talk over the significance of results in the field to AI in general.
In particular, the workshop aims to provide a forum for young researchers to present their ongoing research.
Authors are invited to submit papers presenting original and unpublished research in all areas related to Intelligent Learning Environments. Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
• Web-based intelligent tutoring systems
• Intelligent learning management systems
• Affective tutoring systems
• Modeling, enactment and intelligent use of emotion and affect
• Natural language and dialogue approaches to ILE design and construction
• Authoring tools in intelligent tutoring systems
• Learning companions
• Applications of cognitive science
• Semantic Web technologies
• Student modeling
• Sentiment analysis on education applications
• Gamification and game-based learning
• Educational data mining
Papers will be accepted for oral presentation at the workshop and included in the proceedings. The publication of proceedings in a journal such as IPN-RCS or SMIA is under arrangements. Based on the quality of submissions we are considering publishing best papers in a post-workshop special issue of a distinguished journal. Authors will be required to provide expanded versions of their submissions which will undergo an additional review process for inclusion in the special issue.
Best Paper Award
As third time, WILE best paper award (diploma) will be granted by the program committee.
• Submission of papers: August 20th, 2018
• Notification of acceptance: September 24th, 2018
• Submission of camera-ready: October 8th, 2018
• Registration deadline: October 8th, 2018
• Workshop: October 23rd, 2018
Edition Year Venue Proceedings
2007 Aguascalientes First meeting
1st 2008 Atizapán de Zaragoza Printed SMIA issue
2nd 2009 Guanajuato Printed SMIA issue
3rd 2010 Pachuca RCS 51 (hard copy)
4th 2011 Puebla RCS 47
5th 2012 SLP RCS 56
6th 2013 Cd. de México RCS 65
7th 2014 Tuxtla Gutiérrez RCS 87
8th 2015 Cuernavaca RCS 106
9th 2016 Cancún RCS 129
10th 2017 Ensenada RCS 146
Interested parties are invited to submit a technical paper written in English in LNCS Springer style, not exceeding 8 pages. The details of the format can be found at http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs. The submissions must not contain authors' names or affiliations. They must not include either any information that may reveal the authors' identities. Submissions which fail to meet these requirements will be rejected without revision.
In order to submit a paper, authors must send an e-mail with the subject: "WILE18 Submission" to Ramón Zatarain, Lucía Barrón and Yasmín Hernández (see below for corresponding email addresses) with the paper attached in PDF format; the body of the message should contain the following data:
1. Paper title.
2. Authors' names and affiliations.
3. Postal address, e-mail address and phone number of the contact authors.
4. The abstract of the paper.
5. Up to five keywords.
Please contact any of the workshop organizers in case you have any doubt or problem with electronic submissions.
Ramón Zatarain, email@example.com
María Lucía Barrón, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yasmín Hernández, email@example.com
Carlos A. Reyes García, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ramón Zatarain Cabada, Instituto Tecnológico de Culiacán, Mexico
• Carlos A. Reyes García, Instituto Nacional de Astrofísica, Óptica y Electrónica, Mexico
• Yasmín Hernández Pérez, Instituto Nacional de Electricidad y Energías Limpias, Mexico
• María Lucía Barrón Estrada, Instituto Tecnológico de Culiacán, Mexico
• Gustavo Arroyo Figueroa, Instituto Nacional de Electricidad y Energías Limpias, Mexico
• Giner Alor Hernández, Instituto Tecnológico de Orizaba, Mexico
• Miguel Pérez Ramírez, Inst. de Nacional de Electricidad y Energías Limpias, Mexico
• Jaime Muñoz Arteaga, Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes, Mexico
• Rafael Morales Gamboa, Universidad de Guadalajara, Mexico
• Guillermo Santamaría Bonfil, Instituto Nacional de Electricidad y Energías Limpias, Mexico
• Carlos Alberto Lara Álvarez, CIMAT Zacatecas, Mexico
• Hugo Arnoldo Mitre Hernández, CIMAT Zacatecas, Mexico
• María Elena Chávez Echeagaray, Arizona State University, USA
• Javier González, Arizona State University, USA
• María Blanca Ibáñez Espiga, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
The workshop will be held in collaboration with MICAI 2018 and the support of the Thematic Network on Applied Computational Intelligence (Red Temática en Inteligencia Computacional Aplicada http://ltl.inaoep.mx/~eventos/RedICA/) of CONACYT, Mexico.
MICAI 2018 will take place this year on October 22nd – 27th, 2018 in Guadalajara, Mexico. Information regarding costs, travel and accommodation can be found in MICAI 2018 web site http://www.micai.org/2018.