ICTON 2010 : 12th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks
Call For Papers
The National Institute of Telecommunications, Department of Transmission and Optical Technologies in Warsaw, together with The Institute for Communications Engineering / Lehrstuhl für Nachrichtentechnik (LNT), Technische Universität München, and the IEEE Photonics Society Poland Chapter are pleased to announce the 12th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks ICTON 2010 which will be kindly hosted the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities palace in Munich, Germany, June 27 - July 1, 2010.
Technical co-sponsorship foreseen by:
IEEE Photonics Society, IEEE Photonics Society Poland Chapter, VDE/ITG.
Beautifully located in the heart of Europe and only an hour from the alps, Munich is connected to 250 destinations world-wide (www.munich-airport.de). The Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities, founded in 1759, is situated in Munich's historic city center.
The scope of the Conference is concentrated on the applications of transparent and all-optical technologies in telecommunications, computing and novel applications, and includes:
* Digital all-optical networks
* Ultra-dense wavelength-division multiplexing
* Ultra-fast optical time domain multiplexing
* Next generation networking
* Optical switching & routing (WAOR)
* Optical packet networks & services
* Optical memories and data storage
* Quality of service issues
* Optical transparency & network scalability
* Network reliability & availability (RONEXT)
* Wireless & optical networking (GOWN)
* Radio-over-fibre transmission
* Broadband metro and access networks
* Industry and Standardisation
* Photonic Band-Gap structures (ESPC)
* Photonic crystal fibres
* Nonlinear & active PBG devices
* Nanoscale & ultrafast photonics (NAON)
* VCSELs and other novel light sources
* Microresonators & Photonic Molecules
* Novel glasses
* New transmission windows
* Polarisation Mode Dispersion
* Photonic component integration (PICAW)
* Market in telecommunications (MARS)
* Network planning and design tools
* Non-conventional optical communications
* Sub-wavelength photonic devices
* Other relevant topic
Authors are cordially encouraged to submit the contributions (max. of 4 pages in electronic form, MS Word accompanied by a PDF version) for Regular and Poster Sessions to email@example.com by March 31, 2010. The authors will be notified on the acceptance by May 5, 2010. Post-deadline papers with very recent results are requested by June 1, 2010.
Ambitious technical and social programs and friendly relations are traditional ICTON goals. We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you once again, this time in Munich in June 2010!
Marian Marciniak, Conference Organiser
Norbert Hanik, ICTON 2010 General Chairman