IEEE FRUCT IMSA Workshop 2018 : Water Distribution and Management in Agriculture (IMSA 2018)
Call For Papers
Water is vital for ensuring food security to the world’s population, and agriculture is the biggest consumer. In order to address IoT based methods and approaches for smart water management in irrigation, EU and Brazil are funding SWAMP (Smart Water Management Platform - http://swamp-project.org/), a research and innovation project of the Horizon 2020 Framework with pilots in Italy, Spain and Brazil. SWAMP partners organize this Workshop with the aim of bringing together people interested to discuss and enlighten the challenges, the opportunities and the long term ambitions of agriculture digitalization. IMSA18 is addressed to researchers and stakeholders of this multidisciplinary domain.
LIST OF TOPICS
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following subject areas:
- Platforms, tools and apps in smart agriculture
- Flying and ground sensors&actuators in smart agriculture
- Drones based monitoring and control in agriculture
- IoT based solutions for precision irrigation
- IoT based solutions for water distribution in agriculture
- Big-data based learning in agriculture
- Smart agriculture and climate change
- Business models for IoT in agriculture
- Challenges, opportunities and threads in smart agriculture
- Call for papers, posters, demos
Full Papers (recommended 6 pages and up to 8 pages) - Short paper (min 200 words, max 5 pages) – Poster/Demo
Paper Submission: 15 September 2018
Notification: 5 October 2018
Camera-ready: 12 October 2018
Poster/Demo submission: 29 October 2018 (instructions at https://www.fruct.org/demo23)
Papers and demos submission shall be done via EasyChair conference management system.
IMSA18 features a Best Paper Award and a Best Student Paper Award, based on the reviewers’ comments and on the quality of the presentation.
Publication Full papers will be published in FRUCT proceedings (ISSN 2305-7254), included to IEEE Xplore and indexed by Scopus, ACM and DBLP. Selected papers are recommended for CPCI indexing (Web of Science).
Paper templates, and other submission relevant details are available at https://www.fruct.org/submit. If you get some questions that are not covered at the conference