ICSE Student Volunteers 2019 : International Conference on Software Engineering 2019 Student Volunteers
Call For Papers
# Call for Student Volunteers
Student volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring the success of ICSE. They help with everything from registration to local support. Being a student volunteer is an excellent opportunity to meet, interact, and network with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of Software Engineering. Such interactions often help shape the research direction for many a student. Being a student volunteer is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world that share your interest for Software Engineering and to reduce some of the costs of the conference!
This exclusive experience is available to undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make ICSE 2019 a unique experience for all attendees.
Would you like to be part of the ICSE 2019 organization? Don’t miss your chance! Sign up and help us!
Approximately 20 hours of work during the conference week:
* Registration duties (e.g., setting up, preparing conference bags, and helping attendees register).
* Technical assistance to speakers and attendees.
* Providing directions to various locations at the conference location.
* Checking badges at various halls including dining halls.
* Other similar tasks.
* Availability from May 25 – June 01, 2019 (inclusive). You will be requested to specify in the application form if you are not available on any of the days of the pre- and/or post-conference program. Not all volunteers will be required during the full time, and we can take this information into account during selection. In particular, let us know if you are available before May 25 or after June 1.
* Free registration to the main conference.
* Free ICSE 2019 Student Volunteer T-Shirt.
* Tickets for lunches during the main conference and the additional days you are working, as well as for the ICSE 2019 social dinner and reception.
* A great opportunity to meet and talk about your research with leading researchers, both academic and industry, and other students.
* Possibility to attend pre-conference events on the days that you will be volunteering.
* Knowing that you played an important part in the success of the conference!
* Must be enrolled as a doctoral, masters, or full-time undergraduate student at the time of the conference.
* Must be proficient in English and have good social and communication skills.
## Application Procedure
* Complete the online application form.
* Arrange for a letter of reference from your academic supervisor or other faculty member at your institution. This recommendation must be emailed to the Student Volunteers co-Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org; with the subject line “ICSE2019SV Reference for (Student Name)”) by the faculty reference you indicate in the application form. The letter should cover your organizational skills, willingness to help, proficiency in English, and anything else that will help us to select you as a student volunteer.
## Visas and Funding Options
* Visa Support Letters: If you need a visa support letter to apply for a visa, please visit the Visa Information page.
* We also suggest checking for travel support from national research funding agencies from your country, e.g., a limited number of travel stipends for US-based minorities and women may be provided through an NSF Travel Award Program.
* If your university requires specific information not included in the Notification of Selection as a Student Volunteer in order to approve funding for travel, be sure to let the Student Volunteers Co-Chairs know as soon as possible.
## Student Volunteers co-Chairs
* Shane McIntosh (McGill University)
* Ivan Beschastnikh (University of British Columbia)
Should you have any other questions, please email us at email@example.com.