SITIS-QUAMUS 2018 : The fifth Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Services
Call For Papers
The fifth Workshop on Quality of Multimedia Services
SITIS 2018 - The 14th International Conference on SIGNAL IMAGE TECHNOLOGY & INTERNET BASED SYSTEMS
26-29 November 2018 - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
The scope of the Workshop
Today, there is an explosion of multimedia data production and consumption, through a multitude of new services in our connected world. The way users perceive the quality of these services is critical for the content providers and consumers. It is, therefore, necessary to relate the user-centric perspective to the service’s Perceptual Quality and QoE (Quality of Experience) to the network-level QoS (Quality of Service). This workshop is dedicated to the relationship between QoS, Perceptual Quality and QoE in general. It will bring together researchers from academia and industry, to identify and discuss technical challenges, exchange novel ideas, explore enabling technologies, and report latest research efforts.
Topics for the workshop include (but are not limited to):
• QoE relation and mapping to QoS
• QoE-driven network and service management
• Network QoS and QoE modeling
• QoE and QoS for emerging pervasive applications
• QoE-aware Wireless Sensor Networks
• Integration of QoS and QoE models
• QoS and QoE correlation
• Objective QoE metrics for audiovisual and various media
• Novel subjective evaluation techniques for assessment of QoE
• QoE evaluation methodologies for metrics
• QoE for Mobile Multimedia Devices
• QoE and Visual attention
• QoE in ubiquitous scenarios
• QoE for 3D Multimedia, web and IPTV content
• QoE metrics for novel applications (e.g. augmented reality, cloud-based online gaming).
• Standardization issue
Submission deadline: September 3, 2018
Acceptance/Reject notification: October 19, 2018
Camera-ready: October 26, 2018
Author Registration: October 26, 2018
Each submission should be at most 8 pages in total including bibliography and well-marked appendices and must follow the IEEE double columns publication format available at:
Microsoft Word DOC
LaTex Formatting Macros
Paper submission will only be online via: Easy Chair
Only pdf files will be accepted. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits. All submitted papers will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of expression by at least two reviewers. The organizers will examine the reviews and make final paper selections.
All the papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the SITIS conference proceedings, published by IEEE Computer Society. Content will be submitted to the indexing companies (Scopus, DBLP, etc.) as in previous conference editions. The conference proceedings will be available at the conference.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the workshop. Workshop registration fee is determined by SITIS. A single registration for the workshop or the conference allows attending both events.
• Mohammed El Hassouni, Mohammed V University in Rabat, Morocco
• Hocine Cherifi, University of Burgundy, Dijon, France
Program Committee (TBD)