Springer-Smart Sys. for E-health 2019 : Call for book chapters - Springer - Smart Systems for E-health
Call For Papers
Call for Book Chapters: Smart Systems for E-health
To be published in “Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing” series – Springer
Abstracts due (1-2 pages) : 25 June 2018
A new edited book is intended to be released in 2019 by Springer in the « Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing » series. Prospective authors are sollicited to send first abstracts of 1 or 2 pages describing the scope and outline of their chapters. Authors of selected chapters will be invited next to submit full chapters.
E-health has attracted a worldwide great interest since more than a decade.
E-health is an evolving concept since its inception due to the numerous technologies that can be adapted to offer new innovative and efficient E-health applications. Nowadays, with the tremendous advancement of wireless technologies, sensors and wearable devices and software technologies, new opportunities arisen and transformed the E-health field. Moreover, with the expansion of the IoT, and the huge amount of data that connected E-health devices and applications are generating, it is also mandatory to address new challenges related to the data management, applications management and their security. Moreover, artificial intelligence and machine learning are becoming more and more needed in many applications to build smart, resilient and innovative medical services.
The purpose of this book is to review the recent advances in E-health technologies and applications. In particular, the book will be folded into two parts: i) Infrastructures for E-health: devices design and communication technologies for E-health, ii) Enabling technologies for software and data management for E-health.
This book is intended for all practitioners (industrial and academic) in the areas of : i) wireless communications and embedded technologies applied to E-health ii)Software, cloud computing, artificial intelligence and big data for E-health applications.
We seek chapters covering the following topics:
I. Infrastructures for E-health
- Design of sensors and wearable devices for E-health applications
- Emerging wireless technologies for E-health
- SDN and E-health
- Architectures and models for Wireless networks-based E-health applications
- Standards for WBAN communication protocols
- Wireless MAC protocols for WBAN
- Routing for WBAN-based E-health applications
- Security issue, attacks and vulnerabilities in WBAN
- Mobility management in WBAN
II. Enabling technologies for smart E-health systems and applications
- Emergent E-health applications
- E-health, Telemedicine and Mobile health applications
- Integration of E-health and Internet of Things (IoT) : the Medical IoT
- Integration and support of Cloud Computing in E-health applications
- Big data and E-health
- Data mining and Data analytic in E-health applications
- Service oriented architectures and middlewares for E-health
- Privacy and security in E-health applications
- Machine learning and Deep learning for e-health systems
- AI based systems for E-health
We highly encourage submission of reviews and survey chapters as the book is intended to be a good reference on its topic for students and scholars.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before June 25, 2018, a chapter proposal in the form of an abstract of 1,000 to 1,500 words (1 to 2 pages) clearly explaining the mission and concerns of the proposed chapter, 3 to 5 keys words (selected from the list of proposed topics) and an approximate outline.
Authors will be notified by July 15, 2018 about the status of their proposals and sent full chapters guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by September 30, 2018.
All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Contributors may also be requested to serve as reviewers for this project.
Abstracts should be sent to both editors:
Proposal Submission Deadline (Abstract): ................................ June 25, 2018
Notification for authors of selected chapters: ...........................July 15, 2018
Full chapters Submission: ......................................................... September 30, 2018
Review Results to Chapter Authors: ...........................................December 10, 2018
Revised Chapter Submission from Chapter Authors: .............. January 15, 2019
Final Acceptance Notifications to Chapter Authors: ................ February 15, 2019
Submission of Final formatted chapters to Editors: ................ February 28, 2019
- Dr. Hanen Idoudi, ENSI-Universty of Manouba, Tunisia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pr. Thierry Val, IRIT-University of Toulouse 2, France (email@example.com)
More information can be found on : http://sites.google.com/ensi-uma.tn/cbc-springer/