AAIM 2018 : Twelfth International Conference on Algorithmic Aspects in Information and Management
Conference Series : Algorithmic Applications in Management
Call For Papers
AAIM 2018 is the Twelfth International Conference on Algorithmic Aspects of Information and Management. It will provide a focused forum on current trends of research on algorithms, discrete structures, and their applications, and will bring together international experts at the research frontiers in these areas to exchange ideas and to present significant new results.
The mission of the conference is to stimulate the various fields for which algorithmics can become a crucial enabler, and to strengthen the ties between the Eastern and Western research communities of algorithmics and applications.
Accepted papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings published in Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science series. Selected high quality papers will be invited to publish in special issues of Theoretical Computer Science (CCF ranking: B) and Journal of Combinatorial Optimization.
Interesting new results in all areas of algorithmics, operation research and combinatorial optimization and their applications are welcome. In addition to theoretical work, we are also interested in results that report on experimental and applied research of general algorithmic interest. Special considerations will be given to algorithmic research that is motivated by real-world applications. Experimental and applied papers are expected to show convincingly the usefulness and efficiency of the target algorithms in practical settings.
Typical, but not exclusive, topics of interest include:
· Algorithms and data structures;
· Algorithmic game theory and incentive analysis;
· Approximation algorithms and online algorithms;
· Automata, languages, logic, and computability;
· Bioinformatics, computational biology and medicine, and biomedical applications;
· Biomedical imaging algorithms;
· Combinatorial optimization;
· Combinatorics and discrete structures related to algorithms and complexity;
· Communication networks and optimization;
· Complexity theory;
· Computational algebra, geometry, number theory, and statistics;
· Computational learning theory, knowledge discovery, and data mining;
· Cryptography, reliability, and security;
· Database theory, large databases, and natural language processing;
· Experimental algorithmic methodologies;
· Geometric information processing and communication;
· Graph algorithms and theory;
· Graph drawing and information visualization;
· Internet algorithms and protocols;
· Large graph algorithms and social network analysis;
· Optimization algorithms in economic and operations research;
· Parallel and distributed computing and multicore algorithms;
· Parameterized algorithms, heuristics, and analysis;
· Pattern recognition algorithms;
· Trustworthy algorithms and trustworthy software.
The submission deadline is July 20th, 2018 (anywhere on Earth). AAIM'2018 will only accept electronic (PS or PDF) submissions via the submission website (http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aaim2018).
General Chairs: Ding-Zhu Du (University of Texas at Dallas), David Woodruff (University of California, Davis)
TPC Chairs: Shaojie Tang (University of Texas at Dallas), Sergiy Butenko (Texas A&M University)
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org