WiCV @ ECCV 2018 : 5th Women in Computer Vision Workshop at ECCV 2018
Call For Papers
Call for Participation: Women in Computer Vision Workshop at ECCV 2018
The workshop is a full-day event with invited speakers, a panel discussion, poster/oral presentations, and a mentoring/networking dinner.
The event brings together students, faculty, and research scientists for an opportunity to exchange ideas and connect over a mutual interest in computer vision.
Attendees are invited to apply to present their work. While paper submission is open to those that identify as female, all genders are invited to attend the workshop.
This year's workshop will offer the opportunity to publish accepted papers as workshop proceedings.
Authors of submitted papers will be asked whether they agree to publish their paper.
Note that solely papers containing new research will be considered for publication by the Conference Publishing Services.
July 2, 2018 : Submission Deadline
July 16, 2018 : Acceptance Notification
Sep 9, 2018 : Workshop
- We encourage primarily female-identifying (undergraduate and graduate) students, post-docs, and junior researchers in all areas of computer vision to submit a short paper describing new, previously, or concurrently published research or work-in-progress.
- The reviewing process is single-blind.
- Authors of all accepted papers will be invited to present their work in a poster session, and a few in an oral session.
- The presenter need not be the first author of a submission.
- While all presenters will identify primarily as female, all genders are invited to attend the workshop .
- We encourage presenters of all genders to highlight the contribution of the female authors, particularly the presenting author.
Travel grants will be awarded to a select number of accepted papers.
Final grant amounts will depend on the number of applications received.
Last year travel grants ranged from $200-$800 depending on the location of the grant recipient. The travel grants can be used for any travel expenses incurred from attending the workshop, such as flights, hotel, and ECCV registration.
Travel grant recipients will be asked to provide receipts for expenses prior to receiving their award.
The reimbursements will be sent after the workshop.