KDML 2018 : Workshop on Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining and Machine Learning
Call For Papers
KDML is a workshop series that aims at bringing together the German Machine Learning and Data Mining community. The KDML 2018 Workshop is co-located with the annual LWDA 2018 – Learning, Knowledge, Data, and Analysis – conference and will take place August 22nd to 24th, 2018, at the University of Mannheim in Germany.
We invite submissions on all aspects of data mining, knowledge discovery, and machine learning. In addition to original research, we also invite reports on preliminary results and resubmissions of recently published articles. Moreover, KDML explicitly invites student submissions.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to
* Foundations, models, and theory of machine learning and data mining
* Supervised, semi-supervised, and unsupervised learning
* Rule-based learning and pattern mining
* Multiobjective learning
* Deep learning
* Representation and embedding learning
* Temporal, spatial, and spatiotemporal data mining
* Unstructured and semi-structured data mining
* Network, graph, and Web mining
* Text mining and mining
* Distributed data mining
* Data stream mining
* Visual analytics
* Big data
* Probabilistic programming, statistical relational learning, and systems AI
* Semantics in data mining and machine learning
* Applications of data mining in all domains including social media digital libraries, bioinformatics, and finance
* Open source frameworks and tools for data mining and machine learning
Types of Submissions
We solicit submissions under three different models:
* full papers (up to 12 pages, peer-reviewed and to be published by LWDA)
* short papers (5 page short paper, peer-reviewed); these may included, e.g., visionary ideas, work in progress, demonstration systems, industrial challenges, etc.
* presentations of papers accepted at major KDML conferences (e.g., ECML, ICML, KDD, NIPS, IJCAI, AAAI, ICDM, etc.); those can be presented and discussed at the KDML workshop, but will not be included in the LWDA proceedings
For all submission models, authors will have the opportunity to give a presentation at KDML. Depending on the number of submissions, this may include both oral and poster presentations. Accepted full and short papers will be included in the LWDA proceedings.
Submissions are welcome in English and German. However, submissions in English are preferred. All papers have to be formatted according to the Springer LNCS guidelines and are to be submitted as PDF files to EasyChair using this link. Please select the track Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining and Machine Learning.
At least two independent reviewers will review both full and short paper submissions. The conference proceedings will be published as CEUR Workshop Proceedings and will be indexed by DBLP. All workshop participants have to register for the LWDA 2018 conference.
10.06.2018: Deadline for submissions
22.07.2018: Camera Ready Papers
22.08.-24.08.2018: LWDA 2018 Conference
Prof. Dr. Kristian Kersting, TU Darmstadt
Prof. Dr. Heiko Paulheim, Universität Mannheim