DELL@ICDM 2018 : [CFP] IEEE ICDM 2018 Workshop on Developmental Learning (DELL 2018)
Call For Papers
CFP: IEEE ICDM 2018 Workshop on Developmental Learning (DELL 2018)
[apologies for cross-posting]
CALL FOR PAPERS
The first International Workshop on Developmental Learning (DELL 2018)
In conjunction with IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) 2018
Singapore, November 17-20
A child learns to know the world by absorbing external knowledge and thoughts all through the stages of his development. Following a parallel path, there is a new learning paradigm in machine learning – developmental learning, which aims to upgrade the intelligence of machines in a developmental context.
The main purpose of this first “International Workshop on Developmental Learning” is to bring together scientists, researchers and practitioners from different disciplines (including computer science, psychology, and social science) to present recent advances in developmental learning, address fundamental challenges of development learning in data mining, identify prospective applications of developmental learning, and foster interactions between disciplines to promote the research on development learning.
===Topics of interest===
- Addressing similarities and differences between stationary and developmental learning.
- Designing effective optimization techniques for the constantly emerging big data.
- Re-visiting traditional stationary learning problems to confront the dynamic environment.
- Identifying new problems and applications of developmental learning in the real world.
- Providing in-depth analysis on the theoretical foundations of developmental learning.
- Developing novel solutions to tackle challenges around developments.
=== Important dates ===
Workshop paper submissions: August 7, 2018
Workshop paper notification: September 4, 2018
All deadlines are at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
=== Organizers ===
Chang Xu, The University of Sydney
Dacheng Tao, The University of Sydney