WSDM Tutorials 2019 : Call for Tutorials -- WSDM 2019: The 12th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining @ Melbourne, Australia, Feb. 11-15, 2019
Call For Papers
Call for Tutorials
WSDM 2019: The 12th ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining
Melbourne, Australia, February 11-15, 2019
We invite proposals for half and full-day tutorials to be held at the 12th Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM) conference. WSDM takes place between February 11 and February 15, 2019 in Melbourne, Australia.
The WSDM 2019 Tutorial Program is intended to disseminate information to conference attendees on recently emerging topics and trends, provide surveys of complementary techniques to those commonly studied at WSDM, and inform industrial practitioners on the state-of-the-art within the field. We encourage submissions of proposals on topics in the general areas of web search, data mining, information retrieval, and social search. WSDM historically has drawn audiences from both academia and industry. This should be taken into consideration in the proposal. Tutorials will be given by experts in the subject matter.
## Submission Guidelines
Submissions should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract. The cover sheet should include the following elements
* Title and length (either half-day, e.g. 3 hours plus breaks, or full day, e.g., 6 hours plus breaks) of the tutorial
* Short abstract (300 words)
* Intended audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced) and prerequisite knowledge or skills required
* Previous offering(s) of the tutorial
* Detailed contact information of all presenters (and indication of the main contact person)
* Brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for each presenter, highlighting relevant experience in presenting tutorials, teaching classes, organizing summer schools, etc.
The extended abstract (no longer than 3 pages) should include the following sections
* Brief outline of the topics to be covered
* Relevance to the community and references to related resources (and tutorials at related conferences)
* Format and detailed schedule
* Type of support materials to be supplied to attendees.
Tutorial proposals must be submitted in PDF according to the new ACM format published in the ACM guidelines, selecting the generic "sigconf" sample.
* September 17th, 2018: Tutorial Proposal Deadline
* October 15th, 2018: Tutorial Acceptance Notifications
* February 11-15, 2019: Conference (tutorial day not yet known)
## PC Members (confirmed)
Rodrygo LT Santos
## Tutorial Chairs
Claudia Hauff, Delft University of Technology
Jeff Dalton, University of Glasgow
You can contact us at: