SBIA 2010 : 20th Brazilian Symposium on Artificial Intelligence
Conference Series : Brazilian Symposium on Artificial Intelligence
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
SBIA 2010 (20th Brazilian Symposium on Artificial Intelligence)
FEI, S?o Bernardo do Campo, SP, Brazil.
October 24-28, 2010.
SBIA is the leading conference in Brazil for presentation of research and applications
in Artificial Intelligence.
Since 1995, SBIA has become an international conference, with papers written in English,
international program committee and keynote speakers, and proceedings published in the
LNAI series of Springer-Verlag.
# Important Dates:
- Deadline for paper registration: March 22, 2010
- Deadline for uploading papers: March 22, 2010
- Notification of acceptance: May 10, 2010
- Camera-ready papers: June 07, 2010
# Topics of Interest:
- Foundations of AI
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning (including Logics, Commonsense Reasoning,
Model-Based Reasoning, Probabilistic Reasoning, Ontologies, Semantic Web);
- Constraints and Search
- Planning and Scheduling
- Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
- Distributed AI (including Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems and Game Theory)
- Intelligent Tutoring Systems
All accepted papers will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lectures Notes in
Artificial Intelligence Series (http://www.springer.com/lncs).
Papers should present substantial new results in theoretical, empirical and applied
research related to the topics of the conference. Papers must be written in English
and must not exceed 10 pages (Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes style file), including title,
abstract, all tables, figures, and references.
Papers must be submitted in PDF files using the JEMS submission system, located at
# Submission Policy
By submitting papers to SBIA 2010, the authors agree that in case of acceptance at least
one author registers to the conference and presents the paper.
# Double blind reviewing:
Reviewing for papers will be blind to the identities of the authors and their institutions.
# Program Chairs:
Ant?nio Carlos da Rocha Costa (UCPel)
Rosa Maria Vicari (UFRGS)
# Joint Conference and SBIA Chair:
Flavio Tonidandel (FEI)