GOODTECHS 2018 : 4th EAI International Conference on Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good
Call For Papers
By social good we refer to a “good” or a service that benefits the largest number of people in the largest possible way. Some classic examples of social goods are, of course, healthcare, safety, environment, democracy, and human rights, but we can add to this classic list even communication, art, entertainment and much more.
In this context, the popularity of portable computing devices, like smartphones, tablets, or smart watches combined with the emergence of many other small smart objects with computational, sensing and communication capabilities coupled with the popularity of social networks and new human-technology interaction paradigms is creating unprecedented opportunities for each of us to do something useful, ranging from a single person to the whole world. Furthermore, Internet of Things, Smart-cities, distributed sensing and Fog computing are representative examples of modern ICT paradigms that aim to describe a dynamic and globally cooperative infrastructure built upon objects’ intelligence and self-configuring capabilities. These connected objects are finding their way into our pockets, vehicles, urban areas and infrastructure, thus becoming the very texture of our society and providing us the possibility, but also the responsibility, to shape it.
In GOODTECHS we are hence interested in experiences with the design, implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of smart objects and technologies for social good. Clearly, we are not considering only the so called first world as the scenario for this evolution; we also refer to those areas where ICT is currently less widespread, hoping that it may represent a societal development opportunity rather than a source for further divide.
• App concepts and technologies for different mobile platforms
• Blockchain for social good
• Communication between mobile devices
• Content Distribution
• E-learning solutions
• Data collection, organization and dissemination methods
• Delay-tolerant aerial networks and ferrying approaches
• Deployment and field-testing
• Digital tools for art and feelings
• Environment sensing, monitoring and preservation
• Experimental results of communication testbeds
• Game, entertainment, and multimedia applications
• Health and social care
• Human-object interaction
• ICT for development
• Mobile service architectures and frameworks
• Mobility and handover management
• New application scenarios for vehicular communications
• Pervasive and ubiquitous services in cloud and IoT
• Platforms and frameworks for mobile devices
• Privacy issues and solutions
• Protocol design, testing and verification
• Security issues, architectures and solutions
• Smart cities and transportation
• Smart economy solutions: e-banking, e-business
• Smart governance and e-administration
• Smart living and E-health
• Technology addressing the digital divide
All registered papers will be published by ACM and made available through ACM Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to:
• Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 3.259)
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cloud Systems
• EAI Endorsed Transactions on Serious Games
Instructions for paper submission
Papers should be in English.
Regular papers should be up to 10 pages in length.
Short papers should be up to 5 pages in length.
Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such papers will be rejected without review.
University of Bologna, Italy
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Canada
This event is organized by EAI (www.eai.eu).
EAI – European Alliance for Innovation is a non-profit organization and a professional community established in cooperation with the European Commission to empower the global research and innovation, and to promote cooperation between European and International ICT communities.