QuASD 2018 : 2nd International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes
Call For Papers
2nd International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes (QuASD 2018)
Twitter: @quasd_ws #quasd18
Summary: The International Workshop on Managing Quality in Agile and Rapid Software Development Processes (QuASD@PROFES) aims at investigating product and process quality in the context of agile and rapid software development. The objective of the workshop is to exchange challenges, experiences, and solutions among researchers and practitioners in the aforementioned area to bring agile and rapid software development processes a step further to seamless integrating quality management activities into their practices.
*** IMPORTANT DATES ***
- Submission of abstracts: July 22, 2018
- Submission of full papers: July 25, 2018
- Notification of authors: August 15, 2018
- Camera ready submission: August 25, 2018
- Workshop: November 28, 2018
***GOALS TOPICS OF INTEREST ***
The topics of interest include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Challenges, industrial experiences, and solutions on managing product quality within the context of agile and rapid software development.
- Relation between agile and rapid software development practices and product quality.
- Quality requirements management in agile and rapid software development.
- Integration and measurement of quality in agile and rapid processes during development and at runtime.
- Software analytics for quality management in agile and rapid software development.
- Big data tools and platforms to gather and analyze quality during software development and at runtime.
- Planning and decision-making on the next development steps to ensure appropriate quality levels.
- Quality evolution and maintenance in agile and rapid cycles.
- Product quality models for agile and rapid software development.
- Managing technical debt in agile and rapid software development.
- Infrastructure and processes for iterative or incremental software quality management.
- Organizational aspects of agile/rapid processes and product quality.
- Quality monitoring and transparency in the context of agile and rapid software development.
- Creating a company culture of quality in the context of agile and rapid software development.
- Experiences in managing quality within the context of agile and rapid software development in the automotive domain.
*** PAPER CATEGORIES AND SUBMISSION ***
We are seeking the following types of submission:
- Technical papers (12 pages max): beyond state-of-the-art methods, tools, or techniques in support of quality in ASD/RSD. Ideally, they report empirical evidence.
- Experience reports (12 pages max): (industrial) first-hand experience with and lessons learned about the management of quality in ASD/RSD.
- Emergent research papers (6-8 pages): research endeavors/preliminary findings in the topics of the workshop that have just started.
- Vision papers (6-8 pages): new directions to follow in managing quality in ASD/RSD. Convincing arguments supported by clear rationale need to be included.
- Practitioner messages (4 pages max). Industry views on the topics of the workshop.
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process. Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness, and relevance.
All contributions must be original, not published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Submitted papers must conform to the Springer LNCS author guidelines.
All papers should be submitted in PDF format through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=quasd2018
For more information about the submission procedures, please consult the workshop website http://www.quasd.org
*** WORKSHOP ORGANIZATION ***
- Claudia Ayala, UPC, Spain
- Silverio Martínez-Fernández, Fraunhofer IESE, Germany
- Pilar Rodríguez, University of Oulu, Finland