ISSA 2018 : International workshop on Interplay of Security, Safety and System/Software
Call For Papers
Several frameworks have been proposed to help the designers of software system applications. However, we currently lack methodological tool support
to take into account the interplay between security and safety and the other architecture properties. The main focus of ISSA workshop is on the topic
of making security and safety expert knowledge available to system and software engineering processes. Special emphasis will be devoted to promote discussion
and interaction between researchers and practitioners focused on the particularly challenging task to efficiently integrate security and safety solutions
within the restricted available design space for software systems. Furthermore, one important focus is on the potential benefits of the combination of model-driven
engineering, formal methods with pattern-based representation of security and safety solutions. Some of the topics that we seek to include in the workshop are
related to the development of concepts, modeling languages, evaluation and validation techniques, methods and tools to support the inclusion of security, safety
and architecture issues into the software engineering process. We are inviting the submission of papers with high quality research contributions, work in progress,
challenge problems, tool demonstrations, experimental and ongoing projects results. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Modeling the interplay of security and safety within architectural models
- Formalization of security and safety properties
- Verification, testing and validation of security, safety and architecture properties by design
- Design processes of security and safety patterns and tactics
- Model-based repository of security and safety patterns and tactics
- Security and safety requirements engineering for system and software development
- Validation of security and safety properties upon integration
- Architecture decisions related to safety and security
- Tradeoff between safety/security and other quality attributes
- Evaluation of architecture, security and safety and their subsequent redesign
- Defining resilient architectures for achieving security, safety and managing their trade-offs
- Architecture-level diversity for security and safety
- (Architecture-level) compliance and standards for security and safety
- Co-engineering processes of security and safety
- Customization of application domain-specific processes
- Tool support for the modeling, deployment and configuration of security and safety by design
- Accepted papers will be published in the ACM ICPS
- Selected papers will be invited to a future journal special issue (pending approval)
All submitted papers must be written in English and formatted according the ACM format and submission guidelines (http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template).
The submission should be done in PDF-format via our submission system (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=issa20180) no later than June, 25 2018.
We are inviting the submission of papers with high quality research contributions, work in progress, experimental and ongoing projects results.
The following types of submission are accepted:
- Long papers (7 pages): reporting substantial, completed, and previously unpublished research.
- Short papers (4 pages): describing challenge problems, tool demonstrations, work in progress or industrial experiences.
- Brahim Hamid (IRIT-University of Toulouse , France), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Gallina (Mälardalen University, Sweden), email@example.com