SEBD 2018 : 26th Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems
Call For Papers
------ 26th Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems ------
Castellaneta Marina (Taranto), Italy
June 24-27, 2018
** [!!NEW!!] PhD Session [!!NEW!!] **
For its 26th edition, SEBD will host a session completely devoted to the next generation of researchers: Ph.D. students. They will be asked to submit a 4 pages paper describing their research which will be presented and discussed during an oral session. There the students will get feedback and suggestions from senior researchers of the SEBD community and have the chance to start new collaborations.
** [!!NEW!!] Invited Speakers [!!NEW!!] **
The whole SEBD community is honoured to announce the presence of the following invited speakers:
- Amr El Abbadi - https://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~amr/
- Wenfei Fan - http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/wenfei/
- Michel Dumontier- http://dumontierlab.com
The twenty-sixth edition of the Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems (SEBD - Sistemi Evoluti per Basi di Dati) is organized by Politecnico di Bari and Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia and it will take place in Castellaneta Marina (Taranto) at ETHRA RESERVE from June 24th to June 27th, 2018.
The symposium is thought as a gathering forum to meet, discuss and exchange experiences among all those, both in the academy and industry, who are interested in database systems and in all their broad range of applications.
The intense scientific program will be put beside an intriguing social program available for the participants that will culminate with a visit to Matera: European Capital of Culture for 2019 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matera).
** Important Dates **
- Paper Submission Deadline: 27 April, 2018
- Notification to Authors: 28 May, 2018
- Camera Ready due: 4 June, 2018
- Conference Dates: 24-27 June, 2018
** Topics of Interest **
SEBD 2018 invites submissions of research, industry and application papers. Regular papers presenting original work are solicited. Moreover, discussion papers containing descriptions of results already published and ongoing projects are also welcomed.
The conference covers a broad range of topics, including traditional database management, as well as new challenges for data management in any possible domain. Suggested topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Access Methods and Physical Design
- Concurrency Control and Recovery
- Data structures and algorithms for data management
- Transaction and workflow management
- Distributed and parallel databases
- Distributed databases, cloud data management, database as a service
- Real-time, embedded, sensor, and mobile databases
- Scientific and Statistical Databases
- Tuning, Benchmarking, Performance Measurement, Database Administration and Manageability.Spatial, temporal and geographic databases
- Graph Data Management, Social Networks, Recommendation Systems.Data models and database design
- NoSQL models, query languages, and architecture
- Data quality, data cleansing, data profiling, Incompleteness, inconsistency, and uncertainty in databases
- Query languages, Query processing, and optimization
- Approximate query answering
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, and machine learning
- Data warehousing, Data integration, Heterogeneous and Federated DBMS
- Meta-data management
- Data semantics
- Ontology-based data management
- Privacy, security, and trust management
- Database Performance and Evaluation
- Big Data Analytics
- Big Data Physical Organization
SEBD 2018 invites submissions of research, industry and application contributions as well as software demonstrations.
- Regular papers (up to 12 pages): original research works;
- Discussion papers (up to 8 pages): results and ideas of interest to the SEBD audience, including extended abstract of recent own publications, position papers, system and application descriptions and presentations of preliminary results.
Papers must be written in English. Selection will be based on originality, clarity, and technical quality.
All accepted works will be included in the CEUR WS proceedings.
The Conference Proceedings will be indexed by Scopus, DBLP, Google Scholar.