ICTSS 2018 : IFIP International Conference on Testing Software and Systems
Conference Series : International Conference on Testing Software and Systems
Call For Papers
THE 30TH IFIP INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON TESTING SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS
University of Cádiz, Spain
October 1--3, 2018
(Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call for papers)
We are pleased to invite you to submit papers for the 30th IFIP International Conference on Testing Software and Systems (ICTSS 2018) [https://ictss2018.uca.es], which is to be held on October 1-3, in Cádiz [https://ictss2018.uca.es/cadiz], Spain.
IFIP ICTSS [https://sites.google.com/site/ictssmain] is a series of international conferences addressing the conceptual, theoretic, and practical problems of testing software systems, including communication protocols, services, distributed platforms, middleware, embedded- and cyber-physical systems, and security infrastructures. ICTSS is the successor of the previous (joint) conferences TESTCOM and FATES and aims to be a forum in which researchers, developers, testers, and users can review and discuss new approaches, concepts, theories, methodologies, tools, and experiences in the field of testing of software and systems.
Rob Hierons, Brunel University London, United Kingdom
Inmaculada Medina-Bulo, University of Cádiz, Spain
Mercedes G. Merayo, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
Francisco Palomo-Lozano, University of Cádiz, Spain
Friday, May 4, 2018: Deadline for industrial day proposals
Monday, May 21, 2018: Deadline for submission of abstracts
Sunday, May 27, 2018: Deadline for submission of papers
Sunday, July 1, 2018: Author notification
Sunday, July 15, 2018: Camera-ready papers due
October 1-3, 2018: ICTSS 2018 (Cádiz, Spain)
Topics of interests include, but are not limited to:
* Aspects of testing: test derivation, test selection, test coverage, test implementation and execution, test result analysis, test oracles, test management, monitoring and runtime verification, test frameworks.
* Model-based testing: Formal models and modelling languages such as automata, state machines, process algebra, logics, UML, HOL, Markov-chains, test generation from models, model coverage.
* Combination of techniques: Techniques that demonstrate how to combine testing and formal (model-based) verification and analysis to improve quality and reduce effort.
* Quality aspects: Functional, interoperability, performance, conformance, security, reliability, robustness, etc.
* Application areas: Communicating systems such as protocols, middleware, networks, web services, cloud computing systems, wireless applications, control systems, business information systems, embedded and real-time software, software product lines, etc.
* Combinations of different testing techniques: In particular, combination of techniques for the automated generation of test data.
* Tools and methods: Automated support of any parts of the testing activities, testing processes, test-driven development, sound metrics and measurements.
* Case studies: Case studies and industrial applications involving qualified empirical evaluations.
ICTSS 2018 welcomes:
* Presentation proposals for the industrial day (up to 500 word abstract in plain text format) on industrial projects, academia-industry collaboration, or knowledge transfer.
* Short papers (up to 6 pages in Springer LNCS format) describing work in progress, a small piece of complete work, or a short industrial experience.
* Full papers (up to 16 pages in Springer LNCS format) describing either original research results, or case studies and empirical studies in an industrial context on new testing methodologies and industrial best practices.
Abstracts corresponding to presentation proposals for the industrial day should be sent by e-mail [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=[ICTSS 2018] Industrial day].
Each paper submission will be reviewed by at least three members of the ICTSS Programme Committee [https://ictss2018.uca.es/technical-programme-committee]. All contributions to ICTSS 2018 have to be submitted electronically in PDF format via EasyChair [https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ictss2018] and have to follow the Springer LNCS format [ftp://ftp.springernature.com/cs-proceeding/llncs/llncs2e.zip]. The submission type must be stated explicitly by the authors upon submission via the conference website. The submission type influences the review criteria. Accepted contributions must be presented at the conference.
The proceedings of the conference will be published in Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science series [http://www.springer.com/series/558], and therefore exported to all major indexing databases as ISI (Web of Science), Scopus, DBLP, ACM Digital Library, etc. ICTSS 2018 is supported by IFIP [http://www.ifip.org] and Springer [http://www.springer.com]. For more information, please consult our official website [https://ictss2018.uca.es].
Springer publishes accepted full papers in their LNCS series [http://www.springer.com/series/558]. Accepted short papers will also be published in the same LNCS volume in a separate section. Authors need to sign a copyright transfer form to transfer usage rights on their papers to IFIP [http://www.ifip.org] and Springer [http://www.springer.com].
Following the conference, the authors of the best manuscripts will be invited to extend their papers into full journal papers for a Special Section of the Journal of Information and Software Technology [https://www.journals.elsevier.com/information-and-software-technology].