CIM 2018 : 2nd International Workshop on Connected & Intelligent Mobility (CIM-2018)
Call For Papers
2nd International Workshop on Connected & Intelligent Mobility (CIM-2018)
in conjunction with EUSPN-2018 conference
Nov 5 - 8, 2018 , Leuven, Belgium
Paper Submission: 13th Jun, 2018
Acceptance Notification: 8th Aug, 2018
Final Manuscript Due: 8th Sep, 2018
Workshop: November 5th, 2018 – November 8th, 2018
Scope of the workshop:
Vehicle crashes on the roads and highways cost loss of lives and damages to properties. Connected vehicles have been identified as a key technology for increasing road safety and transport efficiency. In recent years, vehicle infrastructure integration technology attracts a great amount of attentions, and it can also bring inestimable economic value, and will play an important
role in the next generation of intelligent transportation systems and communication network development.
The purpose of the International Workshop on Connected & Intelligent Mobility is to discuss the recent advances in the connected vehicles and bring together engineers, researchers and practitioners interested in the advances and applications in the field of Vehicle Technology, Intelligent Transport Systems, Wireless Sensor Communications, and IoT.
CIM 2018 will be held in conjunction with the 9th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (EUSPN 2018) which is co-organized in Leuven, Belgium (5-8 Nov 2018).
Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
· Vehicular Wireless Medium Access Control
· Routings & Protocols for Connected Vehicles.
· V2V, V2I and I2V Road Safety applications
· Weather related Safety solutions
· Driver behavior countermeasures in connected vehicles
· Data Trustworthiness in Connected Vehicles
· Security & Privacy Issues in Vehicle Communication Environment
· Safety & non-safety applications of Connected Vehicles
· Automotive Electronics and Automatic Control in Vehicular Networks
· Traffic & Transportation Systems in Vehicular Networks
· Telematics and Mobile Internet
· Vehicular Cloud Computing
· Mobility and the Internet of Vehicles
· IoT in connected Vehicles
· Big Data and Vehicle Analytics
· Data mining and Data analytic in next Generation of Vehicle Telematics Products
· Data worthiness in connected vehicles
· Sustainable transport
· Driver Behavior Analysis
· Vision and Image Processing
· Vehicle Environment Perception
· Cognitive and Context-aware Intelligence
SUBMISSION AND PROCEEDINGS
All papers accepted for workshops will be included in the EUSPN 2018 proceedings, which will be published by Elsevier. The authors must follow Elsevier guidelines as given on the EUSPN 2018 website. The number of pages for workshop papers is limited to 6 pages.
The submitted paper must be formatted according to the guidelines of Procedia Computer Science, MS Word Template, Latex, Template Generic, Elsevier.
Authors should submit their contributions here, electronically in PDF format.
The submission processes will be managed by easychair.org. If you have used this system before, you can use the same username and password. If this is your first time using EasyChair, you will need to register for an account by clicking the "I have no EasyChair account" button. Upon completion of registration, you will get a notification email from the system and you are ready for submitting your paper. You can upload and re-upload the paper to the system by the submission due date. In case of any problem with submission, please contact the workshop chair for assistance.
Selective outstanding papers
The selective outstanding papers presented at the workshops, after further revision, will be considered for publication in journals special issues. Selected papers will be invited for publication, in the special issues of:
- Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing (IF: 0.835), by Springer, (http://www.springer.com/engineering/journal/12652),
- Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems (IF: 2.430), by Elsevier (http://www.journals.elsevier.com/future-generation-computer-systems/),
All workshops accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series (online). Procedia Computer Sciences is hosted onwww.elsevier.com and on Elsevier content platform ScienceDirect, and will be freely available worldwide. All papers in Procedia will also be indexed by Scopus and Engineering Village (Ei). This includes EI Compendex. All accepted papers will also be indexed in DBLP.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE (tentative)
Faouzi Kamoun, ESPRIT Engineering School, Tunisia
Zouheir Trabelsi, UAE University, UAE
Fatma Outay, Zayed University, UAE
Hakim Hacid, Zayed University, UAE
Samia bouchafa, University d’Evry-Val-d’Essone, France
Véronique Vèque, Université Paris Sud 11, France
Ansar Yasar, Hasselt University, Belgium
Nafaa Jabeur, German University of Technology, Oman
Haroon Malik, Marshall University, USA
Atta Baddi, University of Reading, UK
Davy Preuveneers, KU Leuven, Belgium
Stephane Galland, UTBM, France
Dr. Fatma Outay (Workshop Organizer)
College of Technological Innovation
Zayed University, Dubai, UAE
Dr. Ansar-Ul-Haque Yasar (Workshop Co-Organizer)
Transportation Research Institute
Hasselt University, Belgium
If you have any further questions please contact one of the workshop organizer