Acadafest 2019 : Sustainable Development of our Communities: The Nexus between Scholarship, Industry and Government
Call For Papers
The organizers of Acadafest! – Orlando International Multidisciplinary Conference – are now considering abstractsand panel proposals for its first academic festival of ideas. The aim of this intellectual fiesta is to bring together, under one roof, scholars from every academic discipline, captains of industry and government officials in an effort to engender cross disciplinary conversations on issues vital towards the growth and advancement of humanity in the face of the many challenges of the 21st century.
To this end, the theme of Acadafest 2019! is “Sustainable Development of our Communities: The Nexus between Scholarship, Industry and Government”.
This theme is informed by the principles at the core of the United Nations’ Resolution A/RES/66/288, titled "The Future We Want", known collectively as the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) – a collection of 17 global goals:
• Goal 1: No Poverty
• Goal 2: Zero Hunger
• Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being for people
• Goal 4: Quality Education
• Goal 5: Gender Equality
• Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
• Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
• Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
• Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
• Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
• Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
• Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
• Goal 13: Climate Change
• Goal 14: Life Below Water
• Goal 15: Life on Land
• Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
• Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
The focus of abstracts for this academic fiesta, while informed by the goals itemized above, should be aligned with the following sub-themes:
• University curriculum and sustainable development
• Challenge driven education and community development
• Collaborative learning and sustainable Development
• Private-Public partnership and sustainable development
• Research in sustainable development
Who should attend?
• Private sector stakeholders
• Public sectors stakeholders
Submission deadline: 29 June 2018.
Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations to the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptance and mode of presentation of abstracts will be determined by the organizing Committee. Arrangements are being made to have papers of accepted abstracts to be published in accredited journals. As a result, authors of accepted abstracts will be required to submit full papers for peer- reviewing by the relevant journals.
Presentation language: The abstract should be in English. The text must be well structured and understandable. English should be grammatically correct.
If language of presentation at the conference is not in English, presenters must notify the organizers early enough in order for interpreters to be made available.
Mode of presentation: Presenters should please indicate their preferred mode!
• Audio-visual presentation: The organizing committee will provide a conference laptop and LCD projector.
• Poster presentation format: All posters should have a uniform size of A0
Size Width x Height (mm) Width x Height (in)
A0 841 x 1189 mm 33.1 x 46.8 in
Guidelines for the preparation of Abstracts
Structure of the Abstract: The abstract should have the following structure
• File version: Microsoft Word file (.doc or .docx).
• Font: Normal, Times New Roman, 10 pt, single space.
• Title: The complete article title.
• Authors: Each author’s full name; institution(s) with which each author is affiliated, with city, state/province, zip code, and country; the name, complete mailing address, telephone number, facsimile number (if available), and email address for correspondence.
• Email: you must put at least one email under the authors’ address.
• Abstract: Including background, materials and methods, results, and discussions, 100-300 words preferred.
• Keywords: 3-8 keywords preferred.
Acceptance Notification: Within 7-10 days from submission deadline
Conference date: March 12 – 15, 2019 in Orlando, Florida, USA