SNMAM 2018 : Track on Social Network and Media Analysis and Mining - SIMBig 2018
Call For Papers
Online social networks are web platforms that provide a variety of services. In such platforms users may share locations and community activities, post and tag photos and other media content, as well as contact individuals with similar interests. The rapid growth of social networks, as well as the increase in consumption and production of social media, have made the analysis of social networks one of the most relevant topics amongst academic researchers and industry practioners.
SIMBig has becoming an important venue that has attracted computer scientists, computer engineers, software engineers, and application developers who work on networks and web based-methods. Within the general symposium, the Social Network and Media Analysis and Mining (SNMAM) track will provide a forum that brings both researchers and practitioners to discuss research trends and techniques related to social networks and media. Therefore, it will be welcome experimental and theoretical works on social network and media analysis and mining along with their application to real world problems.
ALL accepted papers of SNMAM 2018 will be published with Springer CCSI series (Communications in Computer and Information Science).
Best papers will be invited to submit an extended and revised version in one of the following two journals:
Knowledge Based Systems Journal, Elsevier (Impact Factor: 4.529, Q1 in SCImago)
Information Systems Journal, Elsevier (Impact Factor: 2.777, Q1 in SCImago)
Moreover, thanks to the support of the "North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics" (NAACL), SIMBig 2018 will OFFER TWO student travel awards to student authors (including post-doc).
Submissions will be reviwed and assessed by at least to member of the program committee. Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of SIMBig 2018 as well as indexed on DBLP.
7 June 2018 -------) (Extended) Papers submission
30 June 2018 -------) Acceptance notifications
21 July 2018 -------) Camera-ready
20 July 2018 -------) Early bird registration deadline
3-5 September 2018 ---) Conference held in Lima, Peru
TOPICS OF INTEREST
SNMAM 2018 has a broad scope. We invite contributions on theory and practice, including but not limited to the following topics.
- Data modeling for social networks and social media
- Dynamics and evolution of social networks
- Topological, geographical and temporal analysis of social networks
- Privacy and security in social networks
- Pattern analysis in social networks
- Crowd sourcing of network data generation and collection
- Community structure analysis in social networks
- Link prediction and recommendation systems
- Propagation and diffusion of information in social networks
- Detection of spam, misinformation and malicious activities in social networks
- Location-based social networks
SNMAM 2018 Chairs:
- Jorge Valverde-Rebaza, Visibilia, Brazil (jvalverr at visiibilia dot net dot br)
- Alneu de Andrade Lopes, University of São Paulo, Brazil (alneu at icmc dot usp dot br)