YLMP 2018 : 6th Young Linguists' Meeting in Poznan
Call For Papers
YLMP2018 Congress: Call for Papers
6th Young Linguists' Meeting in Poznan (YLMP 2018) will take place on 23-25 November 2018 in Poznan, Poland. The conference will be organized by the Faculty of English, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan.
The leitmotif of YLMP2018 is: “From exploration to explanation in the study of language”
We welcome submissions in the following areas:
sociolinguistics and discourse studies
language teaching methodology
phonology and phonetics
Each paper will be given 30 minutes, including 10 minutes for discussion. There will also be a major poster session. The language of the congress is English.
• Marc Brysbaert (Ghent University, Belgium): "Linguistics, psycholinguistics and big data: The way to the future"
• Agnieszka Chmiel (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland): "The awe factor explored. Searching for the conference interpreter advantage in linguistic processing"
• Gary Massey (ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland): "Exploring the processes and practices of translation in the workplace"
• Stephanie Schnurr (University of Warwick, UK): "Exploring language to explain social phenomena: The case of leadership"
• Marc Brysbaert (Ghent University, Belgium): "Tips and hints in getting published and having impact"
• Michael Hornsby (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland): "Publishing in English-language qualitative linguistic journals: Some dos and don’ts"
• Ronald Kim (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland): "The paper trail goes digital: Researching historical linguistics in the 21st century"
• Paweł Korpal & Katarzyna Jankowiak (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan, Poland): "Galvanic skin response as an index of emotional language processing"
• Gary Massey (ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland): "Transforming teaching through TPR: Models, methods and merits"
• Stephanie Schnurr (University of Warwick, UK): "Communicating linguistic research findings to nonlinguists"
YLMP INVITED THEMATIC SESSION:
“From exploration to explanation in Translation Studies: Research methods and new technologies”, convened by prof. Bogusława Whyatt (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland), with special guests: prof. Kristian T. Hvelplund (University of Copenhagen, Denmark), prof. Nataša Pavlović (University of Zagreb, Croatia)
YLMP 2018 Special Event: Organized in cooperation with the Kulczyk Foundation
Main submission deadline for all abstracts: 1st August 2018
Notification of acceptance for papers and posters: 15th September 2018
Registration deadline: 15th October 2018
YLMP 2018: 23-25 November 2018
For more information, please visit our website: http://wa.amu.edu.pl/ylmp