HI 2018 : International Conference History and Its images
Call For Papers
Dear colleagues, we are pleased to invite you to attend the International conference History and Its images is devoted to the problems of visualizing history will be held on 12-13 of November 2018 at European University in Saint-Petersburg.
We propose to discuss the following topics:
Visualizing history and Ideology:
• Representation of history and propaganda;
• The role of visual art in the process of the invention of history.
• Visual art, history and the construction of national/public identity
Visualizing history in the context of the historical culture:
• The function of historical knowledge in the artistic milieu;
• The influence of historiography on the production of works of art;
• The role of works of art in the process of historical education;
• Images of the Past and society’s conceptions of it;
• Visualizing history and the problem of historical memory.
We are ready to consider proposals on other themes and subjects remain relevant to the main topic of the conference.
Art historians, historians, culture, film, theater and photography experts are welcomed to participate.
The application for participation in the conference should include the following information:
1. Information about participant (Full name and status: student, Ph.D., independent researcher);
3. Abstracts (600 words, MS Word)
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each paper presentation should be scheduled for 20 minutes to be followed by 10 minutes for discussion.
Please submit your application no later than 20 May 2018.
The working languages of the conference: Russian and English
More information about the conference: https://pvhconference.wordpress.com