DLS 2018 : Dynamic Languages Symposium
Conference Series : Dynamic Languages Symposium
Call For Papers
The 14th Dynamic Languages Symposium (DLS) at SPLASH 2018 invites high quality papers reporting original research and experience related to the design, implementation, and applications of dynamic languages. Areas of interest include but are not limited to:
* Innovative language features
* Innovative implementation techniques
* Innovative applications
* Development environments and tools
* Experience reports and case studies
* Domain-oriented programming
* Late binding, dynamic composition, and run-time adaptation
* Reflection and meta-programming
* Software evolution
* Language symbiosis and multi-paradigm languages
* Dynamic optimization
* JIT compilation
* Soft/optional/gradual typing
* Hardware support
* Educational approaches and perspectives
* Semantics of dynamic languages
* Frameworks and languages for the Cloud and the IoT
Submissions must not have been published previously nor being under review at other events. Research papers should describe work that advances the current state of the art. Experience papers should be of broad interest and should describe insights gained from substantive practical applications. The program committee will evaluate each contributed paper based on its relevance, significance, clarity, and originality.
Papers are to be submitted electronically in PDF format. Submissions must be in the ACM SIGPLAN Conference acmart Format, 10 point font, and should not exceed 12 pages. Please see full details in the instructions for authors.
DLS 2018 will run a two-phase reviewing process to help authors make their final papers the best that they can be. Accepted papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library and will be freely available for one month, starting two weeks before the event.