IPLC 2018 : International Powered Lift Conference 2018
Call For Papers
IPLC 2018 will focus on three primary powered lift applications: advanced rotorcraft, jet-lift concepts and technologies, and recent progress in electric propulsion applications to V/STOL. The IPLC planning committee is seeking abstracts for the following topics, as well as abstracts on other topics related to the scope of this conference:
• Electric VTOL Concepts, Propulsion and Control Technologies
• Advanced Rotorcraft Concepts
• JSF and Lift-Systems Technologies and Advances
• V/STOL UAV Applications and Propulsion Concepts
• Personal Air Vehicles
• ESTOL, STOL and VSTOL Concepts and Applications
• Applications of Powered Lift to Re-entry Vehicles
• V/STOL Flight Testing Experiences, Pilot Reports and Operational Trials
• Integrated Flight & Propulsion Control
• Jet-Induced Aerodynamic Effects
• Powered Lift — History & Lessons Learned
• Transformational Vertical Flight Interaction Research and Technologies
• Next Generation Civil Tiltrotor (NGCTR) AW609, V-22, V-280 and Other Civil/Military Tiltrotors
• Ducted Fan Powered Lift Technologies
• V/STOL Safety and Reliability
• V/STOL Technologies – Performance, Testing, and operational issues
Abstracts should be 300-500 words in length, present facts that are new and significant, and should include results achieved, if applicable. Abstracts, including paper title, author name(s), mailing address, telephone number, and email address, should be submitted no later than 28 April 2018.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
The Organising Committee invites prospective authors to submit abstracts of original work for presentation at the Conference.
Authors are requested to contribute both a half hour presentation at the conference and a written paper for the proceedings. Alternatively authors are welcome to propose abstracts for short presentations to be given in poster sessions, and are encouraged to submit a written paper with this.
The Organising Committee reserve the right to enforce a no paper, no present / no present, no paper rule.
Abstracts (in English) should contain between 300 - 500 words and include figures and results. Abstracts and papers should be unclassified, suitable for open proceedings, presentation and discussion. Scientific papers should indicate the maturity, validity of the content, the viability of the approach and the integrity of the results. Abstracts should discuss the application and exploitation of results.
The Committee will identify a number of reserve papers for each session.
Abstracts should be submitted by Friday 28 April 2018. Accepted scripts and presentations, fully cleared for publication and presentation should be submitted by Friday 19 October 2018.
All written papers will be included in the Conference Proceedings and made available to delegates through the Society’s proceedings website. Accepted papers may also be considered for inclusion in the Royal Aeronautical Society’s Aeronautical Journal, subject to the refereeing process.
It is important to note that papers should not have been published previously and they should avoid inappropriate sales or marketing content.
Speakers will be entitled to register using a reduced delegate rate.
To submit an abstract please email us with the following information:
-Corresponding author’s name
-Speaker’s name (including title)
-Speaker’s job title
-Title of presentation/ paper
-If you wish to present in the poster session
Please send this to the Royal Aeronautical Society on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference no. #914