WABiD 2018 : 1st Workshop on Advances in Big Data Management, Analytics and Security
Call For Papers
1st Workshop on Advances in Big Data Management, Analytics and Security
in conjunction with the 22nd European Conference on Advances in Databases and Information Systems (ADBIS 2018)
September 2-5, 2018 Budapest, Hungary
WABiD* 2018 is a workshop aimed at promoting and sharing research and innovation on Big Data Management, Analytics and Security.
The aim of this workshop is to become a regular exchange forum for researchers and practitioners of big data-related applications. The submission of ongoing research, industrial, position, visionary and student papers are encouraged to fuel up the discussion.
Topics of interest
Topics of interest for this workshop include but are not limited to the following:
• Anonymity in the cloud
• Applied cryptography in the cloud
• Agent-based modelling and simulation
• Big data integration
• Big data mining
• Big data modeling
• Big data quality
• Big data semantics
• Big data storage strategies
• Big data warehousing and OLAP
• Cloud architectures
• Crowdsourcing and collaborative analyses
• Complex (semi-structured, stream, textual, graph, multimedia, open, linked…) data
• Data availability, integrity, privacy, reliability... in the cloud
• Data lakes
• Energy-efficient computing
• Distributed and/or parallel processing and computing environments
• Machine learning, deep learning
• Metadata management
• NoSQL and NewSQL databases
• On-demand analytics
• Performance optimization and benchmarks
• Real-time analytics
• Smart Cloud
• Applications: Digital humanities, Healthcare, Manufacturing, smart cities, Agriculture, Bioinformatics, Supply chain management, Customer relationship management, Social media, Internet of things, Recommender systems, Alert systems, Mobile applications...
• March 25, 2018 – Paper submission
• May 20, 2018 – Notification of acceptance
• June 10, 2018 – Camera-ready papers
• September 2-5, 2018: Conference dates
Submission instructions and Publication
Submissions should present original results and substantial new work not currently under review or published elsewhere.
Papers must not exceed 12 pages (including references and possible technical appendices) in the LNCS format. For camera-ready papers, use LaTeX or Word LNCS style: http://preview.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines).
Accepted Workshop papers are published in Springer’s Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) series http://www.springer.com/series/7899.
WABiD* papers must be submitted via the Easychair WABiD* 2018 page: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wabid2018.
The authors of the best workshop papers will be invited to prepare extended versions of their papers after the workshop. Following an additional round of reviews, the extended papers will appear in a special issue of an international journal.
Jérôme Darmont, Université de Lyon - Lyon 2, France
Nadia Kabachi, Université de Lyon - Lyon 1, France
• Alberto Abello,Universitat Politenica de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
• Abdelkader Adla, University of Oran, Algeria
• Varunya Attasena, Kasetsart University, Thailand
• Antonio Badia, University of Louisville, USA
• Fatma Bouali, Université Lille 2, France
• Kamel Boukhalfa, USTHB University, Algeria
• Arnaud Castelltort, Université de Montpellier, France
• Karen Davis, Miami University, Oxford, USA
• Matteo Golfarelli, University of Bologna, Italy
• Anastasios Gounaris, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
• Le Gruenwald, University of Oklahoma, USA
• Abdelkader Hameurlain, Université de Toulouse, France
• Hedi Karray, INP-ENIT, France
• Okba Kazar, University of Biskra, Algeria
• Daniel Lemire, Université du Québec, Montréal, Canada
• Patrick Marcel, Université de Tours, France
• Jose-Norberto Mazon, University of Alicante, Spain
• Franck Ravat, Université de Toulouse, France
• Abdelmounaam Rezgui, New Mexico Tech, USA
• Alkis Simitsis, HP Labs, USA
• Somayeh Sobati Moghadam, Hakim Sabzevari University, Iran
• Prasan Kumar Sahoo, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
• Won-Kyung Sung, KISTI, South Korea
• Panos Vassiliadis, University of Ioannina, Greece
• Robert Wrembel, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
• Mahdi Zargayouna, IFSTTAR, France
If you have any question or information request on WABiD* Workshop, please send an email to email@example.com.