SITN 2018 : The 2nd International Workshop on Securing IoT Networks
Call For Papers
The submission deadline has been extended to 15 May 2018 firmly.
Distinguished papers selected from SITN -2018, after further extensions, will be recommended for submission and publication in Special Issues of SCI-indexed Journals.
- Special Collection on Advances in Cyber Physical Social Systems, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks [Impact Factor of 1.239]; http://journals.sagepub.com/page/dsn/collections/special-issues/cyber-physical
- Special Section on Security and Privacy for Smart Cities: Challenges and Opportunities, Computers and Electrical Engineering [Impact Factor of 1.570]; https://www.journals.elsevier.com/computers-and-electrical-engineering/call-for-papers/special-section-on-security-and-privacy-for-smart-cities-cha
The Internet of Things (IoT) presents unprecedented opportunities for building smart society. Big data collected from numerous “Things”, connected to different interfaces and locations, facilitate smarter decision making and personalised services. Although all the hope of anticipated benefits from IoT, security remains a big challenge to overcome. Manufacturers are yet shipping IoT devices with security flaws, which put users or even the other parts of our connected cyber world at risk. Those vulnerable IoT devices would be easily exploited to launch massive cyber attacks to other online services or IT infrastructures. All the privacy, robustness and security issues are challenging the movement towards smart society.
The SITN-2018 workshop is an international event, which aims to bring together expertise from academia and industry to build secure IoT infrastructures for smart
society. It also provides a venue for international researchers and leading industry experts in IoT and cyber-security to establish future partnerships and research collaborations.
The SITN-2018 workshop will be held in Halifax, Canada and in collaboration with The Edinburgh Napier University, Technical University of Denmark, the University of the West of England, and The Cyber Academy on the 30th July – 3rd August 2018 and in parallel with The 11th IEEE International Conference on the Internet of Things (iThings-2018). All interested stakeholders from academia and industry are invited to submit their original work on building secure IoT infrastructures for Smart
Society to the SITN-2018 workshop.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Threat Models in Internet of Things
• Attack Strategies for Internet of Things
• Security Architectures
• Security in Wireless Sensor Networks
• Reliable Interactions with Network Services
• System and Data Integrity
• Scalability and Robustness for Internet of Things
• Identity Management in Internet of Things
• Trustworthiness in Internet of Things
• Secure Operating Systems
• Secure routing for Internet of Things
• Privacy in Internet of Things
• Adaptive Security in Internet of Things
• Secure IoT interactions
• Secure IoT architecture design
• Digital forensics for IoT
• Malware Detection
• Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems for IoT
Papers must be submitted electronically via EDAS (https://www.edas.info/newPaper.php?c=24277).
Submission format: 8 pages, two columns, single-spaced, 10 fonts; IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style (https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html).
Distinguished papers selected from SITN -2018, after further extensions, will be recommended for submission and publication in Special Issues of SCI-indexed Journals
Workshop Committee Members
Organising Chair: Dr. Zhiyuan Tan, Edinburgh Napier University, email@example.com
Co-Chair: Dr. Naghmeh Moradpoor, Edinburgh Napier University
Co-Chair: Dr. Weizhi Meng, Technical University of Denmark
Program Committee Chair: Dr. Shancang Li, the University of the West of England