WOPSSS 2018 : Third Workshop On Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems
Call For Papers
CfP 3rd WOPSSS workshop at ISC High Performance
Third Workshop On Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems (WOPSSS)
Held jointly with ISC, Frankfurt, Germany. June 28th, 2018
** Submission deadline April 20 **
The Workshop On Performance and Scalability of Storage Systems (WOPSSS) aims to present state-of-the-art research, innovative ideas, and experience that focus on the design and implementation of HPC storage systems in both academic and industrial worlds, with a special interest on their performance analysis.
The arrival of new storage technologies and scales unseen in previous practice lead to significant loss of performance predictability. This will leave storage system designers, application developers and the storage community at large in the difficult situation of not being able to precisely detect bottlenecks, evaluate the room for improvement, or estimate the matching of applications with a given storage architecture.
WOPSSS intends to encourage discussion of these issues through submissions of researchers or practitioners from both academic and industrial worlds.
The workshop is held in conjunction with the ISC-HPC during the ISC workshop day. Note that the attendance of ISC workshops requires a workshop pass. See also our last year's workshop web page.
WOPSSS is embedded into a full-day program for I/O that we organize with the team of the IODC the HPC I/O in the Data Center Workshop (https://wr.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/events/2018/iodc) We will build a program with a joint morning session with keynote talks and best papers and then diverge into two independent workshops in the afternoon.
All accepted papers will be published in the Proceedings by Springer.
Extended versions of the best papers will be published in the ACM SIGOPS (http://www.sigops.org/osr.html) journal
** Topics of interest **
included but are not limited to:
- Storage systems modeling and analysis tools
- Feed-back and empirical evaluation of storage systems
- Application I/O characterization
- AI workload and storage performance analysis
- Parallel I/O and storage systems: consistency, caching, replication,
reliability and fault recovery overhead
- Network challenges and storage systems: Scalability, QoS, Partitionability
- Low latency storage systems usability and analysis: memory-only, Flash, NVRAM, Storage Class Memory
- File system design
- Cloud and distributed storage
** Important Dates **
Submission deadline April 20
Author notification May 31
Camera Ready June 15
Workshop June 28
** Submission Guidelines **
Papers need to be submitted via Easychair (http://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wopsss18)
Authors are invited to submit papers are required to be formatted in
Springer single column LNCS style (http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0) and within 10 pages, excluding the references.
The submissions are "single-blind", i.e. submissions are allowed to include the author names.
** Organizing committee **
- Jean-Thomas Acquaviva, Research Engineer, DDN, France
- Jalil Boukhobza, Associate professor, Univ. Bretagne Occidentale, France
- Phlippe Deniel, Head of Storage group, CEA/DIF, France
- Massimo Lamanna, Leader - Data and Storage Services Group, CERN, Switzerland
- Pedro Javier García, Associated Professor, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Allen D. Malony, Full Professor, University of Oregon, USA
** Publicity Chairs **
- Jesus Escudero-Sahuquillo, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
- Kaoutar El Maghraoui, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, USA
** Program committee (to be completed) **
Julien Bigot, CEA, France,
Jason Chun Xue, City University of Hong Kong, Honk Kong,
Stefano Cozzini, CNR, Italy,
Jesus Escudero-Sahuquillo, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain,
Maria E. Gomez,Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
Denis Gutfreund, ATOS, France,
Florin Isaila, University Carlos III, Spain
Julian Kunkel; DKRZ, Germany,
Duo Liu, Chongqing University, China,
Manolis Marazakis, Forth, Greece,
Lars Nagel, Johannes Loughborough University, UK
Ramon Nou, BSC, Spain,
Juan Piernas Cánovas, Universidad de Murcia, Spain,
Josef Weidendorfer, TUM, Germany,
Soraya Zertal, University of Versailles, France
** Registration & Venue **
The workshop does not have a separate registration site. Attendees need to use the registration system provided by ISC'17 (http://www.isc-hpc.com/registration.html) WOPSSS is organized in conjunction the International Supercomputing Conference (http://www.isc-hpc.com), Frankfurt, Germany.
Location **probably** Marriott Hotel, Frankfurt, Germany, Details about the ISC-HPC venue
** Special Journal Issue **
Extended versions of the best papers will be published in the ACM SIGOPS
Operating Systems Review (http://www.sigops.org/osr.html) journal