CoNLP4LTL 2018 : Corpora and NLP for Language Teaching and Learning
Call For Papers
Title: The Integration of NLP and Corpora in Language Teaching and Learning
Web page: http://egyptscience.net/AISI2018/NLP2018.html
Venue: Cairo, Egypt, 1-3 September 2018
Publication: Advanced Intelligent Systems and Computing series by Springer
Indexing: Abstracted indexed in SCImago, Scopus, DBLP, Google Scholar, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews...
The workshop will be held in conjunction with the 4th International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Systems and Informatics (AISI’18). The focus of this workshop is to shed light on the use of NLP tools and corpora in studies that have a pedagogical purpose especially for low or relatively under-resourced languages. On the other hand, the workshop aims to increase awareness of the greatest advantage of using NLP tools and corpora to prepare efficient materials for language teaching and (self)-learning. Besides, the workshop will provide a leading venue for students, researchers, and teachers to disseminate and discuss their most recent and relevant experiences and studies. Additionally, it will have oral presentation sessions as well as poster sessions in order to maximize the amount of original works that presented.
Topics of interest:
Basically, the present workshop targets two scientific issues: (1) highlighting the strengths of integration NLP tools and corpora in language teaching and learning; and (2) revealing the current challenges faced by researchers working in this area. In this regard, we invite papers that pertain to these issues including but not limited to:
* Data-driven learning
* New language resources for educational use
* Building and analysing Learner corpora
* Use of corpus-based analysis in language teaching
* NLP tools for second and foreign language learners
* Automated scoring/evaluation for written student responses
* NLP tools for special education
* Tools that automatically generate test questions
* Language-based educational games that incorporates NLP
* Teachers' knowledge and beliefs about using NLP-based systems in their teaching activities
* Studies that investigate the effectiveness of integration of NLP and corpora in language teaching and learning
PUBLICATION AND SUBMISSION
All accepted conference papers will be presented at the conference and included in the published proceedings by Springer (see previous publication AISI2016 and AISI2017).
Submitted papers will be refereed by at least three reviewers for quality, correctness, originality, and relevance. Notification and reviews will be communicated via email. Authors of the best papers will be invited to extend their papers for inclusion in a special issue of the some journals indexed by SCOUPS, DBLP, and EI-Compendex.
Authors are invited to submit original research contributions not concurrently submitted elsewhere (Submission system). Normal length papers should be 8-10 pages, formatted in Springer’s single column format (detailed instructions for paper format in Latex and MS Word can found here https://www.springer.com/series/11156# ).
Papers reporting original research results and experience are solicited. The online submission process is opened. Authors may use the online submission system hosted by Easychair Conference System to submit their papers. If you don't have an Easychair account you will need to create one and then login in order to submit your papers. Please read the Submission Instructions before submitting your work in the system.
Paper submission deadline: 15 March 2018
Acceptance notification: 30 April 2018
Submission of revised papers and camera ready: 15 May 2018
Registration: 15 May 2018
Program Committee (Tentative):
* Ahmed Guessoum, University of Science and Technology Houari Boumediene, Algeria
* Alex Boulton, University of Lorraine, France
* Dirk Goldhahn, University of Leipzig, German
* Jill Burstein, Educational Testing Service in Princeton, USA
* Mai Zaki, American University of Sharjah, UAE
* Karim Bouzoubaa, Mohamed Vth University, Morocco
* Mounir Zrigui, University of Monastir, Tunisia
* Muhammad Sabri Sahrir, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
* Tim Buckwalter, University of Maryland, USA
* Violetta Cavalli-Sforza, Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
* Walid Magdy, University of Edinburgh, UK
* Imad Zeroual, Mohamed First University, Morocco
* Azzeddine Mazroui, Mohamed First University, Morocco
* Abdelhak Lakhouaja, Mohamed First University, Morocco