UNet 2018 : Special session on IoT Stream Processing and Analytics (UNet 2018)
Call For Papers
The Fourth International Symposium on Ubiquitous Networking
Hammamet, Tunisia, May 02-05, 2018
IoT Stream Processing and Analytics
As a result of the expected proliferation of millions of intelligent devices in the Internet of Things (IoT), the volume of data is envisioned to be rapidly increasing at rates never seen before. This data comes mostly in the form of streams. Therefore, new real time mechanisms and techniques are required to handle these streams of data. Real-time stream processing must deal with data collection, storage, processing, and analysis of hundreds of millions of events per hour. Learning from this ever-growing amount of data requires developing flexible learning models able to self-adapt over time.
Extensive research is being carried out on enabling digital technologies including network and cloud infrastructures, sensing technologies and Internet of things (IoT), data integration, and big data analytics. In particular, integrative solutions and advanced computing techniques can facilitate creating novel applications and value-added services.
This special session welcomes novel research about IoT data streams processing, platforms and architectures, applications and services, and learning from IoT data streams in evolving environments. It will provide the researchers and participants with a forum for exchanging ideas, presenting recent advances and discussing challenges related to IoT data streams processing.
Themes of this special session include but are not limited to:
* IoT stream processing architectures and frameworks
* IoT data streams aggregation
* IoT data streams federation
* IoT data streams semantic integration
* Cloud computing and network infrastructures to support IoT streams processing
* Advanced communication systems and approaches for IoT streams
* Application, deployment, test-bed, and experiences in IoT streams processing
* Data privacy and security issues in IoT streams processing
* IoT data streams applications in:
- Monitoring and surveillance
- Quality control
- Fault detection, isolation and diagnosis,
- Internet analytics
- Decision Support Systems,
Special Session Chairs:
Elarbi Badidi (CIT, UAE University)
Mohamed Hayajneh (CIT, UAE University)
All accepted papers will appear in the proceedings published by SPRINGER.
Submission Due: February 20th, 2018 (Extended)
Notification of Acceptance: March 20th, 2018
Camera-Ready Due: April 2nd, 2018
Paper Format and Submission: