UCC 2018 : 11th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing
Conference Series : Utility and Cloud Computing
Call For Papers
11th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2018)
December 17-20, 2018 – Zurich, Switzerland
UCC ( http://ucc-conference.org/ ) is the premier IEEE/ACM conference covering all areas related to Cloud Computing as a Utility and provides an international forum for leading researchers and practitioners in this important and growing field. UCC 2018, to be held in Zurich, Switzerland, reflects the need to bring academics and industrial researchers together to discuss how to improve existing services and how to bring new applications into the cloud.
UCC 2018 will have a co-located 5th International Conference on BigData Computing, Applications and Technologies (BDCAT 2018 (http://bdcat-conference.org/ ), an embedded Cloud Challenge (http://events.cbmi.htw-berlin.de/ucc18-cloudChallenge/ ) along with other satellite events, and a subsequent Serverless Symposium (http://essca2018.servicelaboratory.ch/ ). Do not miss the opportunity for discussing a full week of cloud and big data advances in central Europe at the end of the year!
This will be the 11th UCC along with the 5th BDCAT in a successful conference series of community-driven events. For more information, consult the conference history (http://ucc-conference.org/pages/history-of-ucc-and-bdcat.html ) and the listing of previous awards given (http://ucc-conference.org/pages/ucc-awards.html ) to top papers presented at the conference.
* Paper submissions due: 15 August, 2018 (extended)
* Tutorial and Cloud Challenge proposals as well as Doctoral Research Papers due: 01 August, 2018
* Notification of acceptance: 15 September, 2018
* Camera-ready papers due: 08 October, 2018
* Early and author registration deadline: 08 October, 2018
* Conference: 17-20 December 2018
Nine workshops are confirmed to take place in conjunction with the main conference (the relevant information can be found here: http://ucc-conference.org/workshops.html):
* 7th International Workshop on Clouds and (eScience) Applications Management - CloudAM 2018. Submission deadline: September 1st
* 5th International Workshop on Smart City Clouds: Technologies, Systems and Applications - SCCTSA 2018. Submission deadline: July 31st
* 4th International Workshop on Serverless Computing - WoSC 2018. Submission deadline: September 1st
* 3rd International Workshop on Trust in Cloud Computing - IWTCC 2018 Submission deadline: July 30th
* 2nd Industry/University Joint International Workshop on Data-center Automation, Analytics, and Control Europe - DAAC-E 2018
* 1st Workshop on Quality Assurance in the Context of Cloud Computing - QA3C 2018. Submission deadline: September 3rd
* 1st Workshop on Managed Fog-to-Cloud - mF2C 2018. Submission deadline: August 1st
* 1st Workshop on Cloud-Native Applications Design and Experience - CNAX 2018. Submission deadline: September 1st
* 1st Workshop on Big Data Analytics for Sustainable Environments - BDASE 2018. Submission deadline: August 1st
Topics of interest for UCC include but are not limited to:
* Architectural models to achieve Utility in Clouds
* Cloud business and legal implications beyond technology
* Cloud Computing middleware, stacks, tools, delivery networks and services at all layers (XaaS)
* Cloud large-scale foundations for Big Data, IoT, and real-time analytics
* Cloud management: autonomic, adaptive, self-*, SLAs, and monitoring
* Cloud-native application design and engineering
* Cloud, Fog and edge/mobile devices management, hierarchy models, and business models
* Designs and deployment models for Clouds: private, public, hybrid, federated, aggregated
* Economic and business models of Clouds and services
* HPC and the Cloud
* Innovative cloud applications and experiences
* Integration of Cloud systems with edge and IoT devices
* Mobile and energy-efficient use of Clouds
* Networking for clouds and data centers
* Performance analysis and modeling of cloud systems and applications
* Policy languages and programming models
* Principles and theoretical foundations of Utility Computing
* Resource management and scalability: brokering, scheduling, capacity planning, and elasticity
* Security, trust and privacy in Clouds
* Utility-driven platforms for Clouds
* Utility-driven models and mechanisms for interclouds / federations
* Virtualization, containerization, composition, orchestration and other enablers
Call for Papers
Authors are invited to submit (http://ucc-conference.org/pages/ucc-2018-call-for-papers.html ) original unpublished research manuscripts that demonstrate current research in all areas of Cloud and Utility as well as Big Data computing, including design and analysis of distributed and centralized Cloud systems, data centre design and engineering, economic and market models for cloud systems, revenue and business models and their applications in scientific and commercial deployments.
Submitted manuscripts should be structured as technical papers and may not exceed ten (10) single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style), including figures, tables, and references. The proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society and will be made available online through the IEEE Digital Library, as well as through the ACM Digital Library.
Authors should submit the manuscript in PDF format. All manuscripts will be reviewed and will be judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, rigor in analysis, quality of results, quality of presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference attendees. Papers conforming to the above guidelines can be submitted through the UCC 2018 paper submission system. (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ucc2018 )
Submitted papers must represent original unpublished research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Further details on the publication instructions and registration information will be published on the UCC website.
We invite you to visit the Call for Papers page (http://ucc-conference.org/pages/ucc-2018-call-for-papers.html ) for more information.