IHCI 2010 : IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2010
Call For Papers
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and students
-- CALL FOR PAPERS - Deadline for submissions (1st call extension): 24 May 2010 --
IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2010
Freiburg, Germany, 28 – 30 July 2010
part of the IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2010)
Freiburg, Germany, 26 – 31 July 2010
* Conference background and goals
The IADIS Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (IHCI) 2010 conference aims to address the main issues of concern within Interface Culture and Design with a particular emphasis on the affective aspects of design,
development and implementation of interfaces and the generational implications for design of human and technology interaction. This conference aims to explore and discuss innovative studies of technology and its application in interfaces and welcomes research in progress, case studies, practical demonstrations and workshops in addition to the traditional submission categories.
* Format of the Conference
The conference will comprise of invited talks and oral presentations. The proceedings of the conference will be published in the form of a book and CD-ROM with ISBN, and will be available also in the IADIS Digital Library (accessible on-line).
* Best Papers
Selected authors of best papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to selected journals (i.e. IADIS International Journal on Computer Science and Information Systems - ISSN: 1646-3692) including journals from INDERSCIENCE Publishers.
* Types of submissions
Full and Short Papers, Reflection Papers, Posters/Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels and Doctoral Consortium.
All submissions are subject to a blind refereeing process.
* Topics related to Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction are of interest. These include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Affective User-centred analysis, design and evaluation
- The value of Affective Interfaces/ Systems/Application/ Interaction
- Generational differences and technology design
- Measurement of success of emotional technology/interfaces
- Supporting user populations from difference generations
- Supporting user populations with Physical Disabilities
- Supporting user populations with Intellectual Disabilities
- Creativity Support Systems
- Emotional Design issues/methods/experiences for novel interfaces including tangible, mixed reality
interfaces and multi-modal interfaces
- Emotional Design issues/methods/experiences for mobile and ubiquitous computing
- User studies and fieldwork
- Methodological implications of emotional user studies.
- Participatory design and cooperative design techniques
- Ethical issues in emotional design
- HCI education and design education
- Eliciting User Requirements
* Important Dates:
- Submission Deadline (1st call extension): 24 May 2010
- Notification to Authors (1st call extension): 14 June 2010
- Final Camera-Ready Submission and Early Registration (1st call extension): Until 30 June 2010
- Late Registration (1st call extension): After 30 June 2010
- Conference: Freiburg, Germany, 28 – 30 July 2010
* Conference Location
The conference will be held in Freiburg, Germany.
IADIS Secretariat - IADIS INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE INTERFACES AND HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION 2010
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.ihci-conf.org/
* Program Committee
Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction 2010 Conference Program Chair
Katherine Blashki, University of Sydney, Australia
General MCCSIS 2010 Conference Co-Chairs:
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Pedro Isaías, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
Dirk Ifenthaler, Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Committee Members: *
* for committee list please refer to http://www.ihci-conf.org/committees.asp