ICWE 2018 : ICWE 2018 - Call for Tutorials
Call For Papers
------------------ Apologies for multiple postings ------------------
Call for Tutorials
ICWE 2018: International Conference on Web Engineering
June 5-8, 2018, Cáceres, Spain
ICWE 2018 will be held on June 5-8, 2018 in Caceres, Spain. The theme for year 2018 -- the 18th edition of the event -- is Enhancing the Web with Advanced Engineering.
ICWE 2018 invites proposals for tutorials in a broad range of Web Engineering topics. Assumed participants include researchers, students and practitioners who are seeking to gain insight and knowledge of up-to-date strategies, methodologies, technologies, and tools used for developing, maintaining and evolving Web applications.
All proposed tutorials should be half-day (3 hours) in length. Upon special, justified request, we will however consider well-justified one-day tutorial proposals.
The length of tutorial proposals is limited to 4 pages. Proposals must clearly define both the scope and the depth of the tutorial, and they must clearly identify the intended audience, the assumed background knowledge and learning objectives. All tutorial proposals must include the following information:
- Title of the Tutorial
- Contact information of the presenters (name, affiliation, email, mailing address, phone)
- Abstract outlining the goals and content of the tutorial (max 250 words)
- Definition of intended audience and assumed background and knowledge
- Overview of the tutorial structure, list of topics covered, and short description of learning objectives/outcomes
- Biographies of presenter(s), including information regarding their expertise relevant to the tutorial
- Any relevant references to the work of the presenters or other references relevant to the tutorial
- Statement about any previous related tutorial presentations, including information regarding how the ICWE 2018 tutorial would differ
- Sample slides of the tutorial, if available
Accepted Tutorials will have either one free full-registration pass per tutorial or a monetary compensation of 300 Euro per tutorial. However, the tutorial may still be cancelled if the number of registrations for them is very small.
Along with a notification of acceptance, presenters will receive further instructions on how to prepare a two-page summary of the tutorial to be included in the conference proceedings, tutorial notes to be made available on the conference website, and a brief biography to be published in the conference programme.
Tutorials papers will accept contributions related to different dimensions of Web Engineering. We are inviting authors to submit high quality contributions describing significant, original, and unpublished results in the following topics:
- Web application development, modeling and engineering
- Web infrastructures and architectures
- Execution models, such as serverless computing
- Human computation and crowdsourcing applications
- Web application composition and mashups
- Social and Semantic Web applications
- Web of Things applications
- Big Data and data analytics
- Security, privacy, and identity on the Web
- Web standards
Tutorials papers proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file in the EasyChair system as described in the SUBMISSION INFORMATION SECTION.
- Submission deadline: March 7, 2018
- Acceptance notification: March 30, 2018
- Camera ready: April 7, 2018
Gustavo Rossi, National University of La Plata, Argentina
Marco Winckler, University Nice Sophie Antipolis (Polytech), France
All submitted papers must be formatted in accordance to the information for Springer LNCS authors at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html and submitted in PDF. Accepted contributions will be included into the ICWE 2018 Springer LNCS proceedings.
Submissions and reviewing are supported by the EasyChair system.
ICWE2018 will follow the single-blind review process. Consequently, all submissions should include the names and affiliation of all authors, and this information is made visible to the reviewers. Still, the identity of the reviewers will be kept confidential from the authors.